Epilogue - Ongoing Happy Ending

More than two years later...

"Is everything ready?" I ask, standing up from my chair after closing all the folders of the papers and offers I was going over. In front of the desk there's Nora, waiting for me with a smile.

"Everything ready," she answers. "All the preparations were made and carried out perfectly. Now we just have to head there and the artists will arrive short after I'm told." I can tell she is doing her best not to smile too widely, but it's not really working. "They're all waiting."

"Oh, I'm dying to see them myself," I comment, walking up to where she's standing. "It's been a while."

Indeed it's been a while, probably a year since I last saw them all although I have kept in touch, I just haven't had the chance to pay them a visit. The drive to The Dream House is just around three hours, but even two years after I left that place, I'm still quite busy. However, things have settled somehow; in a way, I can say I got the hang of it. The company is still a lot of work, how could it not when it's so big? But I know better what to do, how to handle everything and above all, the biggest restructuring stages have been completed. I have people's trust and I'm leading the company in the direction I want and think it's better.

BEEB Group has changed a lot and our employee's increased satisfaction is an indication that's been a change for the better. My focus is to make it more transparent and reliable while at the same time eco-friendly. Little by little we keep doing things to reduce our carbon print and to become more self-sustainable with all our buildings and such.

There's still so much ahead, so much to do for the company, but it doesn't feel like such an overwhelming weight on my shoulders anymore. I feel capable and I don't overwork myself anymore, so I can organise my time better and do things for the people I love and that have changed my life, like everyone at the Dream House.

That's why now we are heading to the Dream House, not just to see the kids but also give them an early Christmas present. The kids have grown up a lot, the older ones I met back then have left to go to university, completely sponsored by BEEB Group. The smaller ones are all so big now, and sadly there are new addictions to the family, and I say sadly because it always breaks my heart that kids get abandoned. Clarisse says it's for the best, at the end, because in the Dream House the kids at least get loved by someone and manage to make a new type of family, whether that wouldn't have been the case if they stayed with irresponsible parents who didn't want them. I still think it's sad there are parents who don't want their kids.

Even if I can't go all the time to the Dream House to see them, I do try to do other things so they never think I've forgotten about them. For this occasion we prepared a small Christmas gig because I happen to know not only Sammy but also quite a few of the other girls really love the same artist. And I happen to have some shares for the company label and pulled some strings to get her to play at the Dream House.

Sammy will be so delighted when she sees Ariel Hamilton at the Dream House, and not only her but also her boyfriend! Just recently it was revealed that Ariel Hamilton and teen heartthrob Harry Styles have been in a relationship for years. They finally announced it when they released a collaboration album together for Christmas, also with the news of their engagement. It was both adorable and exciting at the time, I think they make a lovely couple and now they'll perform together. At first I only wanted Ariel for the gig, but when Harry found out what was the plan, he asked if he could join, too. I wasn't the one to reject him.

When we do arrive to the Dream House the kids are so happy to see us. It's been so long and they've grown up so much, but they are still my kids. Obviously, Liam, Danny and Sammy are the most excited to see us, running faster than the others.