Are the Explosions Really Necessary?

Once Gwen and Newt were out of the suitcase, they found a small café to eat and to plan out their next move. They moved quickly to the nearest owlery to send a letter to Artem and Olena, letting them know what their plan was.

"So what's next?" Newt asked.

"I'd say we need to hurry," Gwen said with a worried expression on her face. "I'm not sure how much longer the dragons here can last without the right cure."

"So I was thinking since we're so close to Romania, we should head there to get the rock blossoms." Newt suggested as they walked away from the owlery.

"Good, idea." Gwen agreed. "Plus we can check in on the Romania dragon sanctuary too and see if these plague is just affecting the Ironbelly dragons."

"But the Ministry doesn't consider that a sanctuary." Newt said, "Under the circumstances the whole place is illegal."

"Yeah, but the dragons are still on land protected land." Gwen said, "We should at least see if they were affected." She encouraged.

"Alright, but I have no idea where we are going." Newt said throwing up his arms, "You'll have to apparate us there."

Gwen nodded, "Of course, I believe these blossoms grow near volcanos."

"Volcanos?" Newt asked shocked.

"Yeah, why else would the word exploding in the name?" Gwen laughed as she took Newt's arm and waved her wand; disapparating both of them from the Ukrainian Café.

Newt was shocked as Gwen landed in the greyest area around. The whole landscape was grey and dreary with lumps of small rocks. Landing once again on her face in the dirt, her dragon tail lashed out from around her waist and waved wildly in the air.

Newt sighed as he helped Gwen up on to her feet and looked around skeptically, "Do you think we're in the right place?" he questioned.

Gwen looked after she wrapped her tail around her waist again and nodded hopefully, "Yep, yep, looks like we're in the right place."

"And how would you know?" Newt asked, "You've been in the case for years, how would you know if we're in the right spot?" he looked at Gwen skeptically.

Gwen looked at Newt, "Just trust it Newt, you know why." She raised an eyebrow at him.

Newt sighed, "Because dragons have a good sense of direction." He walked right over a small pile of rocks when the mound exploded right over his clothes.

Sputtering he turned to find Gwen laughing, "What was that?"

Gwen continued laughing, "It was the volcano."

"Volcano?"

"Mud Volcano, in Romania their known as Berca Mud Volcanoes." Gwen explained as another mud volcano exploded.

"Was it necessary? Newt grumbled as Gwen ignored him, "So where are these flowers?"

Gwen glanced around the area pursing her lips before her eye settled on a rocky shape by the one of the mud volcanos, "Right there." She pointed out the rocky shape to Newt.

Newt looked carefully, but couldn't see anything, "It's just a rock."

Gwen groaned, "For being such a good magizoologist, you're not very observant."

Gwen walked past Newt to the small rock shape and prodded it with her finger. The grey-black shape shivered before exploding open. The inside exploded like a living fire with colour as reds, yellows and oranges coloured the inside of the petals.