Chapter 49

Jules had been swamped with work since she resumed back after the New Year, it was like the whole city had decided to sign their businesses up with them. Alice had been the best assistant and had been working as hard as her being the HOD's assistant.

Jules wasn't sure which was more demanding, her work or the wedding preparations. On one hand, she had her work, more demanding than ever and having Selene call her up to remind her of the appointments Veronica had set up. Veronica Appleton, her wedding planner whom she had come to know in the last two weeks was a happy, easy-going woman around the same age as her who made decisions easy for her to make. When Selene had introduced Veronica to her, she had been doubtful about it because she thought big planner, big wedding but Selene and Veronica took the time to hear what she wanted and they were surprisingly ok with it. So, a small wedding they were having – friends and family.

Family.

She would sigh at the thought of that if she didn't dread it more than she was supposed to. Her mum was an only child but her dad had a sister who hadn't seen since the funeral and before that when she was a teenager. Her aunt Madeline – Maddy wasn't fond of her or her mum when she was alive and her twin cousins – Ida and Ira - were devil's pawn. They were mean to her as a teenager and hadn't shown up to the funeral, so she wasn't sure what to expect of them now that they were all grown up. They were the only family she had and she didn't want her side of the church to be empty. She had five weeks before they arrived for the rehearsal dinner and wedding the week to follow.

She was glad January would be over soon. She loved the work but not when she had to plan a wedding on the side. That was just punishment.

Andy and Sofi had been a huge help with the planning and with Ivy. Her day was crammed full with work hours and appointments. Ceaser had told her to take as much time away from work as she needed but she couldn't just sit at home and wait for the appointment time to come by. She had to get busy. Ivy had been with her on her appointments when she wasn't asleep in the day-care. Andy and Sofi wanted to be there for every appointment but they also had to work so she had scheduled the important appointments during the weekend like the cake tasting and the dress shopping for them as her bridesmaids and for her which were all scheduled into February, her dress being on the first Saturday to have time to alter if needed and theirs next then the cake tasting.

As for Ceaser, he had been as helpful as possible, telling her her choice was his choice and she should go ahead with her plans but she made sure to check in with him before she went on with her plan. The venue, she had asked him to take time off to go with her and Veronica which he had done and he had been the one who chose the venue for both the short service and the reception which she had been happy with. Asides from that, Ceaser had been different. Asides from his waking up at night, he seemed to be lost in thoughts when he thought she wasn't looking. She had asked him times and times again if he was alright. He'd just smile and kiss her telling her he was fine but she knew there was something bothering him.

Was it work?

Was it the wedding?

Was it her?

Was he second-guessing his decision to marrying her?

Ceaser hadn't been any happier than he was with Jules and Ivy in his life. He thought he had it all but now that he had the two of them, he had realized the true meaning of happiness and he was glad and lucky to have found it. Asides from the happiness he had been feeling lately, he's had his conscience judging him. He's been feeling very guilty since he proposed to Jules and he was out of his mind with worry. He didn't think it could get any worse but then the wedding planning started and his nightmares about Jules finding out the entire truth on their wedding day and taking Ivy leaving him alone at the altar started. He would wake up in a sweat realizing it was just a dream. Losing Ivy and Jules was his worst nightmare and he didn't see how he wouldn't if he told Jules the truth. Or rather when he told her the truth.

He was regretting not telling her from the start, they would be past it by now if he had told her but he couldn't do anything about that now. He played many scenarios in his head and none of them ended well for him. He loved Jules too much to lose her but he loved her way too much to keep it from her. Keeping it from her had been his mistake and he wasn't going to make another one by not telling her.

He had to find the right time to tell her and the wedding planning wasn't helping with finding the perfect time for it. He had to tell her before the wedding, telling her after they were married wasn't an option.

Ceaser closed his eyes and sighed.

He had been stuck at the office since he resumed and the clients Thompson's Publishing had getting since the New Year celebration was amazing but that meant putting in more hours. He had continuously postponed his trip to London for days but the situation at the Canada branch of the hotel chain was getting dire and Xavier and Alex were busy at the other branches. He was the only one who could go there and he had to be there by February. He had to tell Jules about it.

His phone rang distracting him from his thoughts. He smiled at the caller ID.

"Hey, sweetheart." He answered

"Hey. I'm going to meet Selene and Veronica for flowers and hopefully dishware selection." She said 'I can't have it postponed again."

He smiled.
"Dishware selection?" He asked, "Who cares about the kind of plate you use as long as there's food."

"I know." She said, "Who knew the struggle of planning a wedding."

"You'll be fine." He said

"You're not the one with the appointment." She said, "I wish your mum could just select whatever looks good."

"She wouldn't do that. It's your wedding."

"Our wedding." She corrected.

He smiled
"Yes. Our wedding."

Silence.

"Ivy was asleep so I didn't take her along." She said

"Don't worry about it." He said, "I'll bring her home."

"Thanks love." She said, "See you at home."

"See you." He said before he hung up and tried to turn his focus back to his work.