Thirty Seven • Dragon Mountains

The wind rushing past you as you flew chilled you to the bone. You hadn't been unconscious for long, but in an odd subconscious way you knew. You knew that the dragon was taking you somewhere. That somewhere definitely wasn't home. The beast's wings tore through the air as he flew.

An immeasurable amount of time past. The wings of the giant beast no longer threw you about as he escaped. You were still. The throbbing pain of your arm burned through your body. A bright flash of light shone through your closed eyelids and attempted to drag you back to reality. Stirring slightly, you opened an eye.

You imagined that you were in bed at home in your flat, and had fallen asleep on the couch again. The window in the living room was always the window that let in the most light in the mornings.

It was in fact, not your flat that you woke up to. The grassy bed you lay on was completely foreign. A dark blue sky dusted with flecks of light was strewn out above you.

"So you're awake?" A serpentine voice rang through your ears.

A bright, blazing fire cracked in front of you as you tried to pull together an idea of what was going on.

"W-where am I?" Sitting up you inspected your surroundings.

"McGillicuddy Reeks, Ireland." The massive scaled beast replied, as he unfurled himself slightly.

"Bloody hell. Ireland?" It couldn't have been true. Yet the freezing winds and the apparent mountains that surrounded you made it clear he wasn't lying.

"I need to get back to England." Your voice quivering as you looked around. Wolves and other creatures could have been lurking nearby. You were uneasy to say the least.

There wasn't a soul for miles. You were all alone in the Irish mountains with nothing more than a few of Newt's creatures, and a broken arm.

"Good luck getting there, girl. It's a long walk back." The dragon replied with a condescending tone.

"I need to see my sister. She needs me." You stated.

"It seemed to me like she doesn't. Otherwise why were you left in that warehouse?" The dragon swung his head around from his side to face you.

"Newt had to help Tina. Otherwise I would have left with him." You replied.

"Oh really? So that was reason enough to leave you?"

"I told him to." You hadn't a better reason. Tina wasn't even involved in all of this, she didn't need to be.

"Ah yes. Denial is a twisted thing." The dragon said with a dry laugh like noise.

"I'm not in denial. I told Newt to leave with her. She could have died in there." You spat.

"And so could you. Please, save me the kindness of lying. I have known man longer than you have breathed the air of this world." The massive white beasts said with a shift of his scales.

"Newt didn't leave me to die there!" You snapped.

"My dear girl. He is not going to slay the dragon just to become your prince. A man is a man. That is true for all, lying is part of their nature."

"My good friend, Newt Scamander is nothing like that. Don't you think for a second I'll break down and believe you. Newt has a heart of gold." You said as you sat up.

The throbbing pain turned to a burning, shooting pain. The sensation of the break continued throughout your body.

"Yes, but it only shines in the light of day...Gold and jewels are for the vain. Don't be mistaken for a fool." He said gravely, "There will be a time when gold, only has the value of currency...Then you'll see."

"Don't mistake me for an imbecile. I know what people can be like." You said as you drew your legs in for warmth.

The dragon's eyes flashed white as he looked you down. You had realized that you wouldn't be able to bargain with him. Dragon's were proud creatures, that didn't change their minds for just anyone.

"There's a boy. His name is Percy Kingston. I need to go back. Otherwise, he might die." You said.

"Plenty of people die, girl. Not as many as my kin, yet still many." The dragon replied.

"Please. I need to get back."

"Prove true that you aren't just as the others are. Prove you are worthy of the Slytherin blood in your veins. You have three days. Don't waste my time. Otherwise, I'll be eating well that day. Fresh meat is the best meat."

"The Slytherin bloodline is dead. I might be one of the last. I'm nothing like Salazar." You retorted.

"You say that now, girl."

"What to you mean by that?"

"Exactly what I said." He said with a pause. "You think yourself so pure until you are proven otherwise. No one is born evil, girl. You must be distorted and tainted at some point. Your time just hasn't come yet." He said, as he swung his tail to force another log onto the fire.

"That's foolish. I'm nearly thirty. There isn't a chance!" You knew who you were, and you were not a bit like the rest of your biological family.

"You're just as self righteous as the next. Witch or no, you are nothing but snake. Just like the rest." The dragon remarked.

The stars reflected in the massive eyes of the beast. Like specks of light on the ocean. He had seen the world in another light. Another way. There was so much you could learn from him, if you were to try.

"I'll prove it to you then. Three days. Three days to prove to you I'm not like these hunters and trappers. To prove to you that I'm a witch of my word. One who's worth knowing."

"In the meantime, stop waisting your breath. You have plenty time to use that energy for more useful things later." He added.

Turning over in your bed of fallen leaves you looked up to the moon. I'll get back in three days, Newt. Wait for me, and take care of Poppy. You thought as your eyes drifted closed. Three days.

___

I'm back to writing again! I'm quite happy to actually continue the story again. It took awhile. Please remember to vote!

Also comment whatever you got for Christmas, I kind of what to know. I just got tea and clothes, along with art stuff. What did you get?