- 41 -

“Welcome home,” Jamie says as she unlocks the front door. I drop my bag and run up the stairs, inhaling the air of my new permanent house. Jamie laughs at my excitement. “You’re room is the first one on the left!” she calls. I open up the door she was referring to and smile.

It wasn’t very elaborate, but it was home. The walls were white, the carpets were tan, and the furniture was probably handed down from Jamie’s grandparents, but I didn’t care a single bit. It was simple and I loved it.

“Sorry it’s not much,” Jamie says from behind me.

“It’s perfect,” I tell her, unable to hide my grin. She smiles.

“Good. I’m glad you’re okay with it. Hungry? I know its lunch time.”

“I’m starving,” I tell her, falling back onto my bed. My bed. Not some foster home bed, not some group home bed, but my bed.

“Me too, but there’s a few options here. We could make sandwiches and stay home to eat,” she says. I nod. “We could head to that new restaurant down the street.” I nod again. She smirks. “Or we could always take the five minute road trip to a certain curly haired heartthrob’s house to hang out for a bit. I’m sure it’d be a nice surprise.”

My smile widens at the thought of being with him again. To be wrapped in his arms feeling safer than ever, to taste his lips on mine once more. The question was a no brainer.

“Let’s go see Harry.”

~*~*~*~

“He doesn’t know about the adoption?” I ask as we pull into the familiar driveway I had missed so much. Jamie shakes her head.

“Nope. I never got the chance to tell him, and I’m sure it’d be better as a surprise anyway. Don’t you think?”

I smile and nod, getting out of the car and skipping up to the front door. I rang the bell about sixteen times waiting for someone to answer.

“Calm down,” Jamie says as I pull my hand away from the button. I was practically shaking with excitement.

“I want to see him so badly.”

“I know, and he wants to see you too. Guaranteed.”

Eventually the door opened and Gemma stood there in sweatpants and a cami. Her eyes widened and she engulfed me in a hug.

“Oh my gosh,” she mutters, not letting go. “Did you take out a cop or something? How did you get here?”

I laugh. “Jamie adopted me,” I explain as the hug ends.

“Well, damn. That’s one way to solve a problem.”

I smile and roll my eyes. “Is Harry here?” I ask excitedly, biting my lower lip as she lets me and Jamie in.

She didn’t look as happy as I did when I asked this question. Instead Gemma just looked at me, partly confused and partly sad.

“What? What is it?” I ask, my smile fading. She looked stuck, like she didn’t exactly know how to answer me. “Gemma, come on, what happened?”

“Harry’s…not here,” she tells me slowly.

“Well? Where is he?” I ask, somewhat in a panic.

“Harry left on tour with the boys yesterday. I figured you would’ve known.”

“What?” I ask in disbelief, but I don’t think she even heard me. She can’t be serious. She can’t.

“The tour was in the works a few months ago, but Harry said there was no way he could do it. He turned it down so he could be with you, but after everything happened the lads convinced him it was the best thing. So he could distract himself, I guess.”

My whole world was spinning. I felt like crying hot, angry tears. I wanted to scream. Harry’s actually gone. Right when everything is starting to work out, he goes on tour. Right when my life starts to improve, I discover I’ll never actually be able to be with the one I love. I guess Jamie was wrong. Harry and I aren’t meant to be. I’ve never had to fight so hard for something in my life, and love shouldn’t be a war. I guess I’ll never find my happily ever after. Not when my prince charming is halfway across the world.

 I just can’t believe he’s really gone.

AUTHORS NOTE

AHHH i can't even believe this happened like what the heck. THOUGHTS? I'm so curious to hear what you think of this move :3 trust me, it gets so much better >:) heheheheheMWUAHAHAHAHAHA i love you<3 THANKS FOR READING and if you didn't read the message i posted on my message board, then GO READ IT because it's important. Yall are awesome and I love you so much okay byee xxxxxxxx