Chapter 42: The end

Jee's POV

"Will you marry me?"

I turn away from my incredible view of the night stars to face him. We were currently on the blacony of the treehouse. The same tree house in which he won me back a while ago.

"You're kidding me right?" I laugh at him.

"I mean it," he smiles back. "Marry me, Jee."

"Yugyeom," I say while I snuggle closer to him in the sleeping bag we were sharing. "You know I love you.."

"So what do you say?"

"No."

His face fell instantly. "Why not?"

"Well, we're 18, Yugyeom."

"Yeah and?"

"We're way too young. Plus I just debuted. I'm completely happy right now. I don't want to make any big changes."

He sighed. "You're right, Jee. But gosh I just want to be yours everyday, wake up next to you, call you my wife."

"Come on, Yugyeom. You're already mine everyday, Jyp let us keep living together, we travel around everywhere. We basically have all that you want beside you being able to call me your wife."

"Well I'll call you that anyways then."

"Fine, but let's get back to the dorms now. It's getting late."

We packed up our stuff,  turned off the lights and got going. We were holding hands all the way back, stopping at the convenience store for a bit of ice cream.

Everyday feels like the first with him. I look at him and still see that little kid obsessed with Chris Brown and dancing. Mainly because he never outgrew that stuff. I see him protecting me, keeping me company, never leaving me. And if he did, he had good intentions.

"Why are you staring at me?" Yugyeom covered up his face with the blanket. We were currently laying in bed watching who knows what. I was too deep in thought to care.

"It's just that.." I pull the blanket off his face. "I love you."

"I love you too but why all of a sudden."

"It's not sudden." I climb onto his lap, facing him. "I've just been thinking."

"About?"

"Well, us. Like all we've been through, all the drama, and the good moments. Who knew the little kid that defended me in kindergarten would be the kid I live with, the one I had my first time with, the one I'm going to marry.."

Yugyeom jolted forward. "Wait, so is that a yes?"

"Yes, Yugyeom. I'll marry you."

He wrapped his arms tighter around me in a hug, not wanting to let go.

"But wait Yugyeom."

"What?" He says, his grip getting looser.

"I'll marry you, but in time. Just enough time for us to become more mature, have steady careers, everything."

"That's okay, because that's still a yes." He smiles and takes me into a kiss.

The kiss never seemed to stop though and I didn't want it to. I wanted to be with Yugyeom forever. I wanted to feel his love again, just like the first time.

The kiss got more intense and soon they traveled to my neck and collar bone.

"Yugyeom," I say in a breathy tone.

"Mhm," he said, voice muffled as he was still placing kisses on my neck.

"When was the last time we really had sex?"

"A couple of years ago. Not since the first time. I respect you and I know the topic was a little sensitive for you so if you want me to stop right now I will."

"No," I hastily stop him. "I want you to keep going."

He placed a kiss on my shoulder. "Are you sure?"

"Completely."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 years later

The results were tallying up. We were standing on the Music Bank stage after months of preparing this comeback. It was us versus another really respectable group, making the pressure for winning more intense.

"And the winner is...Daydream! Congratulations!"

We all frantically hugged each other while Jesse took the award and the microphone. "Thank you so much for this amazing award. Being able to perform for you all was a great honor and I know this night will mean a lot more for Jee."

I turn around at Jesse's words, confused as this win means a lot to all of us. I step towards Jesse only to see Jackson approaching in a suit. The rest of got7 trailed behind him, but no sign of Yugyeom. The stage got quiet and everyone moved out of the way. Jackson took my hand and led me into a spin towards BamBam in back of him. He handed me a rose and lifted me onto a chair that was somehow placed in the middle of the stage. Rose petals started raining down on the stage as Got6 got into a starting formation. An all too familiar song started playing. They started dancing to Chris Brown's Forever, our song. Their intricate choreography was soon joined by Jesse, Ray, Lana, and Em. They were in on this?

I thought that was it until two of the other groups joined in as well. Then two more and two more. As the song started reaching the middle, my parents, family, and Yugyeom's as well joined the stage. They stood beside me and my dad took my hand to raise me off the chair, moving me closer to the dancers. They all form a variety of circles which turns into a straight horizontal line across the stage.

The music paused for a second before the line opened up, revealing Yugyeom. He walked toward me, half smiling, his stride a little shakey. He knelt down in front of me and took out a case from behind his back. He opened it and took out a mesmerizing ring.

"I need an official response. Will you marry me?"

Left in shock from the entire scene I hastily nod my head. He grabs my hand and slides the delicate thing onto my ring finger. He gets up and embraces me as the crowd cheers in the background. But I could barely even hear them as my mind was wandering to the amazing thoughts of the future. I'm going to marry my best friend and I am finally happy. Completely happy. Thanks to him, to what we've been through, to what I learned along the way and especially thanks to the friendship created..when we were young.

The end ♡