Chap 8

~Cyrus~

"Have you lost your minds?!" I exclaimed at the four men once we were back in the Alpha's office alone.

"Not that I know of" Elijah smiled lounging on the couch.

"What's the problem?" The Head Elder asked.

"The problem is that you want my mate to handle a 'Seer' alone!"

"He won't be alone Cyrus he'll have Teagan with him" Jim said.

"Oh right leave the unstable pyro to deal with my mate and a Seer." the sarcasm was dripping off my tongue as I glared at the four calm men.

"Are you admitting that your therapy sessions with him were no good Cyrus?" Heath asked. I gritted my teeth at those words.

I worked hard to try and get Teagan to join society, his mental state was almost beyond repair. He was so scarred, he would attack for no reason. I suffered plenty of scratches and burns from him till I finally earned a fraction of his trust. From what I've seen of him recently, he's doing so much better. Connor seems to be helping him cope with his past and keeping him sane. But I don't know what might happen if he meets his parents. They are the cause of his suffering and also his long lost baby brothers.

I sighed, oh Lakota. He was not far from his brother in this. He was just as scarred but since he had no powers to lash out with he had secluded himself in his wolf form. This was the first time I'd seen him out in his human form for so long. And I hated to admit it but I knew part of it had to do with Gale.

"Cyrus" I was brought out of my thoughts as Heath came to stand before me.

"Sir?"

"I know this is hard for you, all these new developments with your mate, Gale and this war. But I need you to focus on the mission. Get to the Seer, gather the location of these rogues and hope we win this thing."

"I'm not scared of this war sir, I'm more concerned with what all this will do to my mate."

"Understandable" he nodded.

"Cyrus" I glanced over towards the Vampir King. "Lakota has been through a lot, I know what a Syrin is capable of. He's lucky he's still in his right mind; unfortunate for his brother though. Your fortunate to have Lakota but I want you to step back and realize that Gale has entered your lives. My son is not an intruder in your world as you might think. He was brought to you for a reason."

I frowned as I stared at the vampire who had taken my mate.

"The Spirits make mistakes occasionally but when it comes to mating three individuals together, there could be no error. And to have a mate from another species altogether makes it impossible." This time it was Jim who cut in. Jim was unusually wise for his age and when he gave advice it was heeded.

I nodded, knowing that their words would stick with me for good throughout this trip. It was true that I was dumbfounded about Gale. Why he was here and obviously mated to Lakota. It made me angry when I first heard about it but now I think it was a strong kind of jealously. Not that I would tell anyone that.

"All that you need to do is protect your team" Heath said. I looked over at him,

"Sir"

"You're powerful Cyrus, more powerful than any other Elder that I know of. I understand that your loyalties are mainly for Lakota, since he's part of your pack and your mate. But I am trusting you to bring everyone back safely." Heath's grey eyes were showing all the faith he had in me and I could do nothing but give in to his demands, he was my superior after all.