Chapter 13: An Unwanted Reunion

A/N: What? No, it has not been almost 2 weeks since I last updated... Okay it has. I'M SORRY! I've been dealing with some... issues, as well as a small case of writer's block. But I'm back now with a new chapter which I hope you all enjoy!

Recap: We last left out beloved Teen Titan heroes standing at their front door staring speechless at the fearsome Batman. Let's see what happens next.

Third Person POV

Robin was the first to snap out of the trance the appearance of Batman had put the Teen Titans in. The lenses in his mask narrowed and he clenched his fists. "What are you doing here?!" He demanded. Robin could practically sense the eyebrow raise from beneath the Dark Knight's cowl. The shock was wearing off the other Titans, and Beast Boy had shifted back into his normal form, bouncing with excitement and a wide grin on his face.

"Wow, you're Batman! And you're at our tower! What are you doing here? Is there some big bad super-villain you need our help with taking down? Or, maybe you're here to ask about joining the Justice Leag-" Beast Boy's excited babbling was cut off by Batman raising his hand to halt him. He smirked at the green skinned hero and turned his attention onto his former protege.

"The reason I am here, is to speak with you Robin."

Starfire grinned and floated a few feet off the ground, clasping her hands together, "Oh this is being the most wonderful! Don't you agree Robin?" The cheery Tamaranean shot a smile towards her friend, but it soon fell as she spotted his firm frown.

"As a matter of fact, I don't." Robin said darkly. The Titans looked on their friend in shock. He had never said much about his time with Batman, hell he hardly mentioned the man. It was almost like he hated the word. The Titans never pressed Robin for any information regarding his time with the Caped Crusader, they all had their pasts and secrets and they all respected that. Everyone had their right to tell what they wanted. But they thought he might be the slightest bit happy to see him after being away from his former mentor for just over half a year.

Batman sighed, "Robin I-"

"Why are you here?" The young hero interrupted. The other Titans were shocked by the show of disrespect. Batman simply narrowed his eyes.

"As I said earlier, I came to speak to you." Batman said sternly.

"Whatever you have to say, I don't care enough to hear it. So just head back to Gotham and keep putting criminals in Arkham."

Batman's patience was running very thin with his former partner. He needed to speak with him in private and the boy's stubbornness was proving to be most irritating. Batman could only blame himself for that. But if this was the way that the conversation was going to continue to go, Batman didn't want to think about what would happen.

"Robin, this is a matter of great importance and I have to-"

Robin took a step towards the Dark Knight, "I don't know if you've realized this, but Jump City is now Teen Titans territory. And you're trespassing." Robin stared straight into the lenses in Batman's cowl, with no sign of fear visible on any part of his face. He knew who the 'Big Bad Bat' really was underneath that cowl, and it didn't scare him. In fact, it made him that even more fearless. Batman towered over the teen, and Cyborg attempted to move towards the two, just in case a fight broke out. But Raven stopped him by placing a hand on his shoulder. She knew that the two needed to work out their issues on their own. The Titans interfering would just make things worse. Cyborg understood the subtle message and all four of them took a step back.

Starfire was concerned for her friend. She did not wish to see any harm come to him, especially from his old mentor. She could understand his need to face this alone, but she wished that he would ask them for some assistance. If it was necessary, she knew that she and the other Titans would protect their friend from harm. Beast Boy didn't know whether to feel protective for his friend or go into total fanboy mode at seeing the mighty Batman and his partner, er, former partner have an epic standoff.