Chapter 4: Goodnight...I think

After seeing the other three Ninja off, Mikaela and I gathered everyone in the great hall once again. "Okay everyone! Now that we have our group, we need to decide the route we are going to take on this journey." I say calling everyone to attention. "Any suggestions?"

"Let's go to the Winter village!" Ran blurts.

"Ran, please don't cause trouble before we leave." Kiku says reigning him in. I smile at the two brothers, thankful that they could both work together.

"I refuse to go there first." Yayoi states sticking his nose up. My smile immediately turns to a frown. 'You didn't have to say it like that...' "We should go to the spring village first." He says.

"Whys that, Yayoi?" I ask with a fake smile.

"Because we should start of at a dignified village." He says matter-of-factly.

"Hey! Who's to say the winter village isn't dignified?!" Ran asks.

"Well how could the village be if the eldest son of the chieftain isn't?" Yayoi pushes.

"Yayoi stop!" Mika tried to calm the blond beast. Ran was nearly steaming. I put my hand on his arm gently.

"Ran, calm down." I say. Ran's eyes dart down to me before returning to Yayoi, his brows drawn.

"Wait Edith, what if we go to the summer village? That way neither one of them get what they want." Roya suggests. I shrug at his suggestion.

"That makes sense I guess." I agree. "Mika?"

"That's fine with me. Summer village is first. Next?" She asks.

"Well how about spring? Since we're going to my village first, we can go to yours next. If you want, of course." I suggest. Mikaela smiles with a nod.

"Summer, spring, then what? Kikyo, you've been pretty quiet. Any input?" Mika asks. Kikyo raises an eyebrow at my cousin before clearing his throat.

"Well, there's no doubt that I would like to show you two around my father's village, but ultimately it's up to you two in what order we purify the symbols." He says with a straight face.

"Well said, Kikyo." Yayoi states simply.

"Alright, then we can go to the Autumn village third. Kind of like the seasons of the year. Which leaves the winter village last." Mika says finalizing our route.

I nod and turn my head to look over the group. Yayoi stands with his arms crossed firmly across his chest. Kikyo stands with his hands bracing himself against the table. Shiroya has a hand on his hip and a grin on his face. Fuyukiku looks at Mika with a small smile. Ran looks at me with pleading eyes and I flash an apologetic smile. 'We'll get to your village eventually. I promise.'

"Since some of us are still somewhat tense, how about we wind down a bit before we leave on our big mission?" Kiku asks holding up some sake. 'Where'd he get that?'

"Yeah! That's a great idea Kiku!" Ran says happily.

"I can make us some food!" Shiroya suggests. "I'll make some of Edith's favorite. You guys will love it!" My mouth starts to water again as he makes his way toward the kitchen. I look at Mika to see that she had already began drinking some sake. 'I guess I can go along with it too.' With a smile I go ahead and start drinking, but I can't go overboard, because I know Mika probably will; she loves alcohol.