Chapter 6: Something Else

A week later...

I despise the cold. 

It's so cold, 20 degrees Fahrenheit to be specific. That's Burnsville weather for you. Our winters are freezing.

I'd rather be in a desert dying of thirst. I'd rather pull a 'Bear Grylls' stunt and drink my own urine in order to survive the heat. I miss the sun. I miss the warmth.

You tend to really feel the icy weather when lying on the cool hood of a black SUV, Bell's SUV, directly under the light snow falling.

It's not as if I have the option to move - or so I do, but I am just so tired and lazy. The cold is putting me to sleep. It won't be much longer before I hibernate out here in the wilderness that is the school's front entrance.

Bell is going to get a mouthful from me when she gets out of her tutoring classes. Who wants to tutor people on a Friday afternoon? I told her to refuse, but she's adamant on getting extra credit. 

Then there's me...flunking most subjects. My grandparents have already been called in seven times this year for my 'lack of concentration' issues.

I lazily place my earphones in and listen to some of my favorite tunes while waiting for the one who loves to take her time in all things. I nod my head to the beat and kick my legs back and forth, staring up at the white snowflakes floating in the air just above me. I temporarily blind myself in the process. My eyeballs are freezing over.

Should have worn shades...

"What is she doing now?" 

I perk up when I vaguely hear Mason's voice. The couple's daily routine is to walk each other to their next classes, feed each other in the cafeteria, and follow each other around like lovesick puppies. I think their favorite routine is making Aqueela vomit on a daily basis. 

I sit up to face them whilst swinging my legs and arms back and forth, creating a scene as passing some juniors laugh at me. However, I could care less. I don't find happiness in the realm of society and its judgmental ways. I am happy with just one brilliant friend, except one that takes her sweet time, that is a big 'no-no' for me.

"Earlier on, where did you go?" Bells questions, confused by my vampire abilities that I've told her I have a billion times already.

Time to punish her for causing me hypothermia...  

I hop off of her car and begin to publicly dance right in front of her, still listening to 'Cotton Eyed Joe'. "Where did you come from?" I chime the tune shamelessly.

"Tutoring. You know that already," she eyes me skeptically, not catching on. 

Bells is a slow one. In academics, she is a straight-A student, but in street-smarts, she'd fail no doubt.

Mason rolls his eyes, obviously having caught on. 

I continue on parading in front of them like a lunatic whilst Bell blushes and tries to hide her embarrassed face. Her downfall is caring what the human race thinks. It is her only weakness - oh, and her boyfriend.

I sing at the top of my lungs, "Where did you come from? Where did you go? Where did you come from, Cotton Eyed Joe?" I nod my head to the beat and swing my hips as I spin in circles around the pair.

"Make it stop! Torture!" Mason complains, holding his hands up against his ears as if he cannot bear the sound. 

I smirk in delight, well aware of the fact that I cannot sing to save my life - all the more reason to sing!