" what did the... "

starring: emil nekola and michele crispino
disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters. headcanon/s may or may not be mine, but the rightful owners will always be given credit. i only own the plot (except if i've taken a reference--the rightful owner will still be given credit).
heads-up: these one shots may or may not be unedited. if unedited, i will edit it when i have time. all grammatical errors and spelling errors will be corrected by then.

enjoy.

***

emil couldn't sleep and it was already 3.10 in the morning. he had already been turning and shifting his sleeping positions and still couldn't get comfortable. he had something in his mind for a while now and he was trying to figure out what he should do to get it out.

grabbing his phone, he unlocked it and pressed the messaging button and looked for a very familiar contact—it wasn't long until he found the one he was looking for; michele.

[ 3.10 am ]

emil (/)*3*(\) : you awake? (/)°v°(\)

emil (/)*3*(\) : because i can't sleep.

michele was, actually, already sleeping when he heard his phone go off for a few seconds, and instantly regretted that he didn't put it on silent. with a groan, he took his phone and squinted his eyes at the message which was from emil.

[ 3.13 am ]

mickey (*-*(\) : i am now.
mickey (*-*(\) : goodness, emil. it's 3.13 in the morning, sing yourself a song and go to sleep.

[ 3.14 am ]

emil (/)*3*(\) : but i can't. you don't know how many gaming videos have i watched and many songs i've listened to. talk to me!

[ 3.15 am ]

mickey (*-*(\) : fine. what do you want to talk about?

emil (/)*3*(\) : it's cold. like, really cold.

emil (/)*3*(\) : i can't really sleep.

mickey (*-*(\) sent a photo.

emil (/)*3*(\) : kermit?

mickey (*-*(\) : because that's none of my business.

emil (/)*3*(\) : hahaha, funny.

and so, the two talked about silly things, emil throwing jokes here and there, and michele, though he'd send angry emojis, actually laughed at how lame they were. emil, though he couldn't see the italian, knew that michele somehow enjoyed them.

[ 4.38 am ]

emil (/)*3*(\) : okay, okay, last joke, and i doubt you'll have a bad morning later on.

mickey (*-*(\) : fine, what is it?

emil (/)*3*(\) : what did the czech say at his confession?

mickey (*-*(\) : what?

emil (/)*3*(\) : i love you.

mickey (*-*(\) : what!

mickey (*-*(\) : that's not a joke!

[ 4.49 am ]

mickey (*-*(\) : oh.