Chapter 38 - We Go Crazy. Literally.

"Why?" I demanded, after I got over the shock Asher's presence in my consulting room as my patient, was gone.

"What why?"

The actual question I wanted to ask him was why was he acting like everything's okay between us, when it's not, but I'd rather not make the atmosphere tense. So instead, I asked -

"Why're you here?"

"Well, I do need some advice from a counsellor on issues related to sexual relationships." He spoke, thoughtfully.

"Could you be serious for once?" I questioned, annoyed. But secretly though, I found that line cute.

"You think I'm not? I'm very much serious. In fact, I'm the most serious person you'll ever meet."

What was wrong with this guy? Was he just saying this to annoy me further? 'Cause if he did, then he was going pretty successful.

"Alright then, Mr. Miller. Have a seat," I said, giving him a fake smile whilst pointing to the chair on the other side of the table.

He sat there, continuously staring at me.

"Now, let's get to the matter at hand, shall we?" I asked.

"Sure, sure." He answered, with a hint of amusement.

"So, why exactly did you feel the need to approach a counsellor for your issues?"

"Well, because this particular counsellor was too perfect to resist."

I couldn't stop the fucking blush that spread over my cheeks. But I decided to pretend that it didn't effect me.

That one line was enough to make my Christmas a perfect one.

What was he trying to do? Did he mean to say that he accepts my proposal?

I certainly hope so.

"Well, that-that's a pretty unique reason you've given, Mr. Miller." I stammered. He nodded.

"So, is there something that's been troubling you for awhile? Something you need to talk about?" I asked, after a few seconds of silence.

"Ah, yes, there actually is. You see, I have upset this one girl, who recently admitted her likeness towards me. I'm not sure what I can do to please her now. She's very stubborn, you see."

I blushed again. And this time, I even smiled. I just couldn't stop those godamn cheek muscles from going up.

And of course Asher had to notice that, he informed me that with a smirk.

After composing myself, I replied -

"In my opinion, you should apologise to her sincerely, and talk this whole matter out to her."

"That's the problem. She won't talk to me. I know she won't, because she's to fucking stubborn." He shook his head in disappointment.

"But I'm talking to you now." I blurted.

Ah, shit.

"You're a counsellor, Ms. Walkers, and the girl I'm talking about is Jessica. You're not her." He spoke in a low voice, just enough for me to hear.