Chapter 39

Tuesday Morning.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Moving back in, not allowed to see Jonah. Fuck off and fuck him. "No, you don't get a say in my life anymore, I've put up with you for so long and just because I'm finally but slowly moving on you want me. Well fuck that and fuck yourself." I quickened my pace and walked up to the gate, entering the pin and quickly glancing back to see if he's following. He's not instead he's just laughing at me. I turned back around to look at the gate expecting it to be open instead it said 'error, wrong pin. Please try again.'

"Oh you're so clever aren't you Xavier." The gate wasn't that high so I could jump over it before he gets here. Stuff my bag I'll come get it another time. Okay on three. I turned around and quickly gave him the finger. "Fuck you and your deal." Three, go. I got over it and he was halfway down his drive when I looked back. I looked up at him and smiled. "See you never baby." Just my luck a cab was driving past. "Taxi!" I quickly got in and he drove off just in time as the gate was opening.

I arrived back to my apartment in record time and when I say I was proud of myself I meant it. I left him, for once I was happy I left him. Is this me finally being over him. I was two seconds away from my apartment and panic started to take over me. There he was, pacing up and down my corridor. Great, I quickly rushed over to my neighbour praying they'd be in so I didn't have to face him. Not today, not ever. "Bobs, please open the door." He must've heard me because I saw him coming over.

"Ade, please just hear me out. I never meant to hurt you." I'm gonna breakdown. "Bobbie please open the door, now! Now please" I have so many visions of that night and I will never let him near me again. "Jake, please stay there! Don't come near me please. I will call the police, I have a restraining order you know that." He's been drinking I can tell this is when he's the worst. I was still banging on her door and I knew she wasn't in. She's gone to uni it's just my luck.

I slowly started to back away ready to run but then he lunged for me. "Jake no, not again please. You need to stop doing this to me, it's been two months since I last saw you. We didn't even know each other well." Why was no one here. How did he even find my apartment. "Jake please get off me." This was it, he's gone to far. He grabbed my legs and pulled me into my apartment. (How we got in there I don't know) "Jake please, look what you're doing, this isn't normal."

He didn't care, the tears were streaming down my face. I can't believe he's doing this again. "If I can't have you Ade, nobody will! I can promise you that." His hands went around my neck and I could feel the air struggling to leave my body this was it. This was how I die, I'm not ready.