treize ;

His hands were still tingling. The feeling of his pink flesh caressing the soft stubble on Joshua's face was new and enticing and unforgettable. Tyler sat at his window, watching as cars trudged along in the snow, honks and screeches intruding the warmth of his home.

Tyler was finally feeling content. His phone rang, causing him to startle. The brunette was hopeful that it would be Jenna (he couldn't wait to tell her about how intoxicating the kiss was). But when he saw the caller ID, his throat went dry. Before answering, the boy swallowed hard; he needed to be strong.

"Zack."

"Tyler," his kid brother responded. Their conversation was already uncomfortable. Of course, Tyler hated the fact that they used to be so close, and now they barely had any connection at all. In fact, the boy couldn't remember the last time he talked to any of his family members since he moved.

"I called because...we want - we need you to come home. We miss you, Ty." over the phone, Zack sounded like his father, which freaked Tyler out a bit. Had he really grown that much since he left?

"Zack you know I would but I can't. I promised myself to never go back and I can't break that promise. Not after all the stuff that's been going on here." The brunette thought back to all the good memories - getting accepted to his first (and only) choice college, bonding with Jenna - and all the bad ones - Jenna leaving, that whole Joshua situation (which only made him more confused). There was no way Tyler was adding to the drama by going back home to people who don't want to understand him.

"Ty..."

"Zack, I know. But why don't you come visit me? We could spend some time together and explore the city-"

"Tyler, they're making our bedroom into a den." his brother blurted. The line was quiet, and there was an angry silence that was ringing inside of the boy's ears.

"W-what?" the once shy, innocent stumble was now filled with shrewd venom.

"They...I'm going to college in a few weeks and I'm living on campus. Jay's room is big enough for the both of us when I come back for the holidays. They said they wanted a place just for them," the younger brother expelled a breath before finishing. "I'm sorry."

Tyler's head was filled with red; he was mad, but not sure where to aim that anger toward. Surely not his brother, and his parents...well, they weren't all bad just simple-minded and a tad self-centered. Maybe Tyler was truly the one to blame for all of this animosity coursing through his veins and causing his head to wallop extensively.

"I don't believe this." was all he could manage to say as he rubbed his temple hastily.

"Like I said, I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do-"

"Yes there is and you know there is Zack," saying his name was like spitting chewing tobacco and then smushing it with the toe of your shoe. "You could've done so much. Maybe a visit, a card, a text. Something. Yet it's been how long since I moved out of the house? And what have I gotten from you? Jack shit." Tyler's throat was starting to get raw.

And now here you are, calling me and saying that you want me to come home, but really you just want me to fix something that's out of both of our controls. Well, you know what Zack? I can't fix it. Because I'm not the handyman dad so skillfully trained you and Jay to be. Nope, I'm just your faggot older brother!"

Click.

;

Yet again, the brunette stood on the stoop of his teacher's home, praying to a god he wasn't even sure existed that he was home. His body shook violently at the extensive northern cold. For some dumb reason, his mind decided it would be a good idea to walk the streets of Manhattan with his ballet slippers on.