A Walk in the Garden (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

Your whole life, people called you oblivious when it came to matters of the heart and the day you discovered Sandor Clegane loved you was no different. You hadn't even noticed the attention he'd been giving you. He spent a good bit of his time staring at you whenever you were in the same room. Still, you didn't notice. Someone else did. Actually, everyone else did. Joffrey and Cersei certainly noticed and they made sure to tell you so.

"Lady Y/N, come over here," Cersei called to you. You gave her a smile, not wanting to get on her bad side. You slowly walked over to where she and Joffrey were standing. Only then did you realize that Sandor wasn't there. "Yes, Your Grace?" you asked with a curtsy. Cersei smiled at you, but you could tell it was a false one. "How familiar are you with affairs of the heart?" Your brows furrowed. Why was she asking you? Blushing, you admitted, "Not very, Your Grace." She chuckled softly. "Perhaps that is why you have not noticed what the rest of us have."

You cocked your head in confusion. "The Hound. He watches your every move, dove. It is quite pathetic really. It is obvious he is infatuated with you." You blinked rapidly at them."Is he?" They nodded. "I see. Thank you, Your Grace. Pray, excuse me." With another curtsy, you turned away leaving Cersei and Joffrey smirking behind you. They mistook your silence and looks of confusion as fear and discomfort. "We should send the Hound to watch over her," Cersei mused.

"Do you truly believe this will work, Mother?" Joffrey asked and Cersei nodded. "Of course it will. Did you not see how frightened she was at the thought the Hound could be attracted to her? She will be begging to leave King's Landing and take that pompous father of hers with her." Cersei's face contorted into one of disgust and angry as she thought about your father. Yet another man trying to woo her for the power she held as Queen Regent.

On cue, Sandor appeared around the corner. "Dog!" Sandor stopped walking, waiting for his orders silently as always. "Lady Y/N has just taken to the gardens. Go watch after her." Sandor grunted and left to follow you. "That should take care of it," Cersei muttered more to herself than anyone else.

Sandor entered the gardens of the Keep, his brown eyes scanning the area for you form. He found you walking with a flower in your hand and a soft smile on your face. You weren't paying attention to your surroundings as Sandor approached you. He stepped up behind you just in time for you to trip over something. His arms automatically went out to wrap around your waist.

"Oh!" The small cry left your lips before you realized that you weren't actually falling. Your eyes went wide as your turned your head to see Sandor standing over you, arms wrapped around you. "Ya should watch where yer goin', little dove." You felt yourself blush as you noticed just how close you were to the giant of a man. Clearing your throat, you stood straight up and said, "Thank you, Sandor. Y-You can let me go."

You let out an awkward laugh as he blushed and dropped his arms. "What brings you out here?" you asked after a tense moment of silence between the two of you. "Joffrey order me ta come look after ya. Make sure ya weren't in trouble." You sighed. "I suppose it was a good thing then. Although I believe the only thing in danger was my dignity," you answered back. Sandor muttered a reply that sounded like, "And yer face," making you chuckle.

"True." Sandor almost smiled at your carefree attitude toward your own clumsiness. "Would you care to walk with me, Sandor?" you asked him, your face still felt hot but you tried not to show how nervous you were. His brows drew together. You certainly weren't like most women in the Keep. They usually ran away from him or gave him looks of disgust.

"I think ya oughta get ta yer room, little dove. It's gettin' late," he said. You nodded and let him escort you back inside the Keep. The air was thick with silence as the two of you walked. It worried Sandor a bit. You weren't the quiet type usually. "What's on yer mind?" he asked suddenly, surprising you both. You bit your lip, wondering how to put your thoughts into words. " 'S not like ya ta be so quiet."

Taking a deep breath, you let him know what Cersei had told you. You refused to look at him, your embarrassment taking over. You were mortified when he continued to say nothing as the two of you walked toward your chambers. Finally, Sandor spoke again. "She wasn't lyin'. I do watch ya." Now it was his turn to feel humiliated. He felt like a stalker. "Why?"

"Why not? Yer beautiful and different. Ya don't shirk away from me. Ya don't talk ta me like yer better than me. Ya treat me like person. A normal person. And yet, yer always willin' ta stand up fer yourself and others," he told you honestly. It was the closest he would come to telling you he loved you. You stopped walking. Sandor turned back to look at you. You were staring at him with wide eyes. "Were ya really that oblivious? Did ya really not noticed?" You shook your head, causing him to chuckle.

Without thinking, you walked back over to him and leaned up to kiss his unscarred cheek. He stopped laughing as his own eyes gazed at you in disbelief. "Stare at me all you want, Sandor. I don't find it pathetic," you said with a grin before you began walking back to your chambers on your own. Sandor stood there in shock, his hand pressed to his cheek.