18 - "Bonnie & Clyde"

"How many rules are there?" Allele questioned.

"Five." Cilia answered, she could feel her blood plumping through her veins as if she had some sort of supernatural ability.

"Good. Rule number one?"

"In and out in under one minute, not a second sooner or later."

"Two." Allele quizzed.

"Shoot first and ask questions later."

"Perfect, three."

"Fill the bags with as much money as I can."

"Four?" He asked, putting up four fingers.

"We try not to talk to each other but if we do, I call you John and you call me Jane."

"And five."

"If one person doesn't make it out, just keep going."

Allele nooded his head, pulling his thick black mask over his face for the hundreth time. It hadn't moved once since he put it on, but being seconds away from robbing a national bank made his real identity feel a little unsecured.

"Aight, everything's good. Let's just give it one more minute." Allele said.

They both knew what that minute was for. It was for the last few seconds they could use to breathe the outside air and take the scenery in, in case they didn't make it back out alive; or in handcuffs. Their life was at stake and the risk of getting away with this were slim to none.

They both closed their eyes, saying prayers. Due to the hard lives both of them had, they never really prayed or were big believers of religion and God, but right now they begged for faith. Cilia prayed she made it back home to her sister that was sitting there right now, with not so much as a clue to what her twin sister and husband were doing. It was all for her and Cilia would risk her life for Iris any day.

"You ready?"

Cilia put her hand on top of Allele's own, giving him a serious stare he could feel even behind her mask. "Allele, you don't have to do this," Cilia told him as if it could be a one man job if he didn't. But she rather not pressure him into anything. He's followed her on this journey so far with her schemes and everything; but robbing a bank was no joke and the repercussions were deadly if they got caught.