Chapter 38

Chapter 38

I went home and my spirit was more than crushed. Kanina pa sinasabi ni Drake na dapat hindi ako magpaapekto but the truth was, I just can't. Every word, every stare, they all got into me. Kahit na anong sabi ni Drake na wag akong makinig, hindi, e. Maybe because I knew that inside, she's telling the truth. She had something I'll never had.

"Stop thinking about that," he said and then held my hand. "I told you talking to her isn't a good idea."

Ano ba yung mas okay? Yung marinig ko na lahat ng dapat ko marinig ngayon o magbingibingihan lang ako palagi kagaya ng gusto mangyari ni Drake? But I seriously can't. Siguro kung hindi ko nakausap si Fier, habang buhay na akong makukonsensya.

I sit back and looked at him. "Then what's the better idea?"

"I don't know..." he said, "But it definitely doesn't include you stressing yourself over this."

How can I not stress myself? My boyfriend was having a baby with someone else and that someone else wanted him with her. Wasn't that preblematic enough because if it wasn't, I had no idea what a real problem could be.

"Hindi ko kaya, Drake. At the back of my head, naiisip ko yun palagi..." I told him honestly. Ayoko na magsinungaling kasi alam ko na pag nadagdagan pa 'tong problema namin, it would be impossible to resolve. There were just too much involved.

He held onto my hand tighter. "Just don't."

"Paano?"

He pulled me into a hug and whispered in to my ears, "I love you enough to make it through this mess, Alys." I smiled at his affection. He hugged me tighter and kissed the temple of my head. "Just don't run from me."

I hugged him tighter as I could and then looked into his eyes. "Drake, hindi ako tatakbo. Bakit ba palagi mo na lang yang iniisip?"

He took a breath and placed both of his hands on the steering wheel. He looked a lot like my Drake Palma when he's like this. I missed him. Yung pagiging tahimik niya, walang pakielam, minsan nakakasakit siya, oo, pero kapag inisip mo, he was just telling you the truth. He didn't do sugarcoating. When he tells you something, he means well. It's just that people so often misunderstood him because he has his way with words. 

"Maybe because I'm paranoid," he said.

"But why?"

He didn't look at me this time. He kept his eye in front of him. "Because I think I love you way too much, Alys. And I don't think this love is healthy anymore but I can't do something about it because I don't want to do something about it. I love you so much that the thought of you gone again will really kill me."

"Drake," I called out his name. He still wasn't looking at me. I moved towards him and made him face me. "Look at me," I said and then caught his eyes. His eyes were sad and it's making me sad. I leaned in and kissed him softly. What have I done to this man that the mere thought of me being gone was making him like this? "I'm not running away. Don't be scared."

"I wish I could."

I held his face. "Drake, will you marry me?"

I knew this plan was the worst plan of them all pero I didn't know. Words just came pouring out of my mouth. I have always knew I wanted to marry this guy... and now was nowhere near perfect but my heart just kept on telling me to marry him to end all his doubts, and mine as well. 

He stiffened at my question. 

"Drake Sebastian Jimenez-Palma, I knew I rejected you so many times already that I lost track of it. Alam kong mali 'tong gagawin natin considering the fact na magkakaanak ka na... and I know this isn't fair for the baby nor for Fier. But I love you so much. I know myself, Drake, deep inside, I know that one day, when all these are too much to bear, I'm gonna give you up. And the thought scares me. I don't wanna give you up... Ayoko na. I gave you up so many times already. Tama na yun. Ayoko na.