22

Previously on Pure Happiness

"And what if I did! I choose my friends Stefan, not you. He's made mistakes, but so has everybody else... including you," she exclaimed before walking off in Klaus' direction.

~~~

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," Klaus boasted as they all stepped out of the car late in the night.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked rolling his eyes.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus smirked.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur," Stefan replied honestly.

Despite the fact that Beth had not liked the vampire's behavior the night before, she sent him a reassuring look because she knew that he did not enjoy thinking of his ripper days.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it a legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical," the hybrid mused.

"What's your point?" Beth asked the question that Stefan had been dying to do so.

"Going to get down to business, then?"

Stefan then furrowed his brows as he spoke, "Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her," he explained ignoring the vampire's question, before walking off.

Stefan gave Beth a pointed look with his brows raised, as she just shrugged before following behind. Although she knew the answer to his question she wasn't going to say anything.

~~~

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asked Stefan as the three creatures walked into a bar called Gloria's.

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan said more to himself than anyone else as he looked around the rustic bar.

"What do you mean?" Beth asked looking for an answer from anyone.

"It was here in the 20's," Stefan responded.

"You got to be kidding me," a woman from behind the bar announced.

Klaus smiled at the dark skinned woman before starting, "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender."

"Stop," she interrupted. "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny. I remember you," she said to the vampire.

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead?" She suggested. "Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

Beth chuckled at the witch's words bringing Gloria's attention towards her. The woman stared for a moment before turning to look at the hybrid once again as he spoke, "Gloria's a very powerful witch."