16

"You know that Jim guy?" Blake said as he plopped onto the couch. He laid his head on my lap and looked up at me. He was absolutely drunk.

"Yeah?" I said. I ran my fingers through his hair and he smiled.

"We are going to start working together. Next January we are buying another ship and I'm going to let him run the supplies. I'm still the boss of course, but he's going to run it."

"Is that so?" I asked. He nodded. "What exactly is it that you do?"

"I sell." He said.

"What exactly is it that you sell?" I asked. He looked thoughtful.

"Guns. And sometimes drugs, but usually guns." He said. "My father used to sell girls too. I put an end to that. See, if I hadn't wanted you, then used to, he'd have just sold you."

I was horrified. Guns, drugs, and girls?

"Don't worry babe." He sat up and put his arms around me. "I definitely want you. No one is selling you to anyone. Even if Jim offered to buy you."

"He offered to buy me?!" I asked pulling away from him. He nodded.

"I told him no, obviously. He tried to up the price and I made him leave." He shrugged. "Obviously, I don't want his money. He has enough girls and you're mine."

"Yours till Tuesday." I rememinded him. His face scrunched up.

"Mine." He said flatly.

"Until Tuesday, I'm all yours." I smiled. He frowned.

"What if I want to keep you longer?" He asked.

"Now, I'm supposed to give you guidance here." I scolded. "You can't go around saying you'll take someone somewhere one day and try and keep them the next."

"You said you wanted to stay," he said sounding disappointed.

"You said no."

"That was before I wanted you." He said.

"Wanted me?"

"Yes," he pulled me closer. "I want my wife. Don't you still want to stay?"

"You're drunk," I said getting up from the sofa. I was trying hard to ignore his words and remember what he'd done. He groaned.

"I thought we'd already gone over this." He sighed.

"Yes," I nodded. "But you can't go on about these things while you're drunk. You might regret something."

"I'm not drunk!" He yelled suddenly making me jump back. Oh yes, because sober people yell randomly all the time.

"Of course dear," I nodded. "Maybe it's time we get you ready for bed?"

"I don't know," he said as he stood up. "I'd really rather go get another drink."

"Oh no, no, no." I put my hand on his chest and pushed him in the opposite direction. I handed him a pair of his sweat pants from the dresser. "Let's go to bed."

"But I want-"

"Blake." I said. "We are not going down for drinks. We are going to bed. Now, I've been waiting for you all day, don't make me wait anymore."

"Well," he looked down at me and hesitantly took the pants. "I guess. You know, you're good at this."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I said helping him get his jacket off. He sighed before leaning down to kiss me. Normally, I'd stop him because he was drunk and sleeping around, but following the goodwife book, I let him kiss me.

He pulled away and started unbuttoning his shirt to get ready for bed. I had expected him to go into the bathroom to change, but instead he just pulled off his pants right there.

"Blake!" I scolded and looked away.

"Oh come on," he chuckled. He pulled on the sweatpants. "It's not like you haven't seen my boxers. You've almost pulled them off before."

"Blake.." I sighed. He grabbed me and lifted me from the ground making me squeal. "No, please, you're drunk. What if you drop me?"

"Oh?" He asked. "Drop you? You mean, like this?"

And with that his arms disappeared from beneath me. I felt myself falling before I felt the soft bed beneath me. He chuckled above me and I stood on my knees, kissing him lightly before yanking him onto the bed with me. He was easier to move than I'd thought and he fell right on top of me, laughing. He balanced his weight on his elbows and kissed me. He started to get up, but as he looked at the sofa, his motivation died. He rolled over to lay beside me.

"I hate that sofa." He mumbled. I looked at the sofa and then back at him.

"Then don't sleep there." I said. He looked back at me. "Sleep in this bed, with me. Or I could take the sofa."

"You aren't taking the sofa and I can't get under those sheets with you unless I'm going to..." he stopped there. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm, pulling him up to lay beside me on the pillows.

"You shush your drunk mouth and sleep here without trying to sleep with me in a different way." I ordered plainly. He looked thoughtful as he laid his head on the pillow. I could already tell I was winning this argument. "Good, now you stay right here, while I go and get ready for bed."

I got off the bed and grabbed one of his shirts from the drawer, the only form of pajamas that I had, before I walked to the bathroom to get changed. By the time I'd finished getting ready for bed, he was already asleep on the bed.

I climbed under the covers and laid down beside him.

Tomorrow he'll notice a difference when he's sober.
I just have to wake up before him to get him ready for work.