Twelve

Hello! How was your holiday? What was the best present you guys got? 

Chapter Twelve

D O M I N I C 

I heard loud cursing followed by a series of crashes downstairs, and it immediately woke me. My hands searched the sheets for Caroline desperately, and I would have had a heart attack if she didn't shout at herself.

I hustled down the stairs, trying to hold in a laugh when I spotted her sprawled onto her back, with what looked like water spilled all over her chest, a bowl of popcorn spilled onto the wet floor and in her hair. "What am I going to do with you, sugar?" I asked her.

She didn't move, just glared at me. After a couple more seconds of her laying there helplessly, I got down and helped her up, picking pieces of food out of her hair. "It's almost midnight. Why are you making popcorn?"

"Because I wanted it," she said simply, brushing herself off. "But that stupid popcorn bowl was up too high and I knocked over my water, which made me slip on the chair and fall and drop the bowl."

I chuckled, ruffling her wet hair. "You might want to go shower. I'll clean this up. Did you hit your head at all?"

"I'm fine. I'll clean it up, you go back to bed."

She tried to push me away, but I kept my feet planted in place. I caught her jaw in my hand, pulling her face up to mine. Cara tried to evade my kiss, but I was too strong for her. She made a soft noise as I tried to kiss her deeply, but she still was attempting to peel away from me. I growled in annoyance and trailed soft kisses down her throat. I tongued the mark I gave her and felt her whole body stiffen.

"Dominic-"

I moaned, tightening my hold on her. "Say it again," I demanded.

She shook her head, so I continued to kiss her throat, this time using gripping her thighs to make sure our bodies were fully pressed together. It was like I couldn't get closer to her. All I wanted was more, more, more.

"Dominic, stop."

Caroline leaned as far away from me as she could, and I groaned in annoyance, pulling away from her. "What's wrong? You didn't like that?"

"I thought you wanted me to take a shower."

"But now I want to makeout with you." She groaned at me. "Let's compromise. You shower while I make out with you." I pulled her to my chest again, searching out to nuzzle into my mark. "You scared me. When you weren't beside me and I heard all that noise...:"

"I can handle myself," she mumbled. "I have self-defense skills and I don't need you."

She shrieked as I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. "I'll clean it up in the morning. I've got an image of you showering with me and now I can't get it out of my head."

Caroline's fists pounded on my back as I carried her up the stairs to our shared bathroom. "No way am I showering with you! Put me down!"

I locked the door behind us before setting her down, not wasting any time before shredding my shirt. Caroline spun to yell at me, but froze when she saw me stripping. She always acted so smart and feisty, yet here she was, her cheeks glowing red with her eyes trailing on my chest.

"Come here, babygirl. You can touch me, if you want," I said softly, shedding my pants and boxers all in one go.

Cara squealed, but before she could retreat, I held the edges of her shirt and pulled it over her head. "Shh, shh. Hold still, Caroline. Let me undress you."