Chapter Fifteen

-----------------

Dedication: Heartsick for the awesome cover! Thank you! xx

Recap:

I just nodded. It was kind of... sweet, that he was acting like he cared.

"I'll try not to."

He nodded, before turning his back to me.

"Thanks Hayden," I said to him.

He stopped for a second, before walking out of the room.

Who would have thought that today, Hayden showed more kindness and compassion than the Coach did?

Only proves that there's two sides to everyone.

And this side of Ashton, I did not like.

As you guys have been awesome so far with voting and commenting - I decided to make this chapter extra long for you! :)

-----------------

After the Coach grilled me Thursday and in our Friday morning practise, I woke up at 6am on Saturday to go for a run. After pushing myself much harder than I probably should have, I returned home to complete my exercise with a series of workouts I used to make my team do at my old school.

I began with 100 sit-ups, moving onto 20 lot push-ups, with a three-minute interval after completing twenty. I did that until I hit 100. After stopping for a brief water break, I continued with holding a plank for three minutes, doing suicide jumps, before concluding the work out with 50 burpees.

I. Am. Exhausted.

Dragging myself from my home gym and into the lounge room, I collapse onto the floor, completely breathless. By this point, it was about 9am. I had achieved a lot, I thought, for a Saturday morning.

I was going to train harder and faster. The Coach was not going to win this.

Peeling my sweat-drenched clothes from my body, I exchange them for a cute, navy and white striped bikini. After making myself a banana smoothie, I set up the outdoor chair and table, ready for sunbathing when I finish my swim.

I had just hung my towel around my neck when there was a knock at my door.

My heart almost gave out when Hayden stood there.

"Wow," I comment, leaning on the door frame. "You're the last person I expected to see at my front door."

He scowls, an embarrassed look falling onto his face. "It's not what you think."

"And what do I think?"

"That I'm becoming your friend or something."

"Oh no," I reply sarcastically, placing a hand over my heart. "Hayden Cameron befriending a transfer? That could never possibly happen."

"Quit being a pain in the ass," he exhales. "For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to come here. I guess not."

He turns, beginning to walk away and I roll my eyes at him.

"Learn to take a joke, Cameron. What's up?"

With a sigh, he comes back.

"The Coach is riding you pretty hard," he states and I snort, unable to keep my dirty mind out of the gutter. He let out an exasperated sigh at my childishness, before continuing. "And I thought I would just check-in to see if you were okay. You didn't come to the practise comp last night. You're a part of the team - you should have been there."