" from: yours truly. "

starring: human!makkachin and viktor nikiforov
disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters. headcanon/s may or may not be mine, but the rightful owners will always be given credit. i only own the plot (except if i've taken a reference--the rightful owner will still be given credit).
heads-up: these one shots may or may not be unedited. if unedited, i will edit it when i have time. all grammatical errors and spelling errors will be corrected by then.
note: this is a role-play i've done with a viktor nikiforov on facebook. it was short, but i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed role playing it. :)
belated merry christmas everyone! have a happy new year!

***

gifts. all kinds and sizes, different weighs and values. yet all have the same meaning- to give love to someone important to you. whether it's expensive or a simple handmade charm, as long as it's from the heart, it conveys feelings of love and care.

the russian champion put a hand in his jacket pocket, stilling it as he tread towards where the young girl was sitting, in front of the t.v., watching christmas-related movies. he and his friend weren't really one to celebrate christmas since they were both russians, but now that they were in japan, he thought it was worth a shot to celebrate it on the 25th (though he admit that it was kind of weird, because to him, 25th was a day where he could celebrate his birthday). she was like a younger sister, an important one who never left his side whenever he felt like he was not enough. she was the best friend everyone needed to have-- supportive, cheerful, loving, caring-- everything! she was the kind of woman one would always be proud of.

he had a present for her, to thank you for everything that she had done and to convey his feelings of platonic love. yes, viktor spoiled her at times, but she was well-behaved and cheerful. if viktor had a daughter, he would want her to be just like the brown-haired lady that his friend was.

"makkachin~"

mariya--or makkachin--as viktor nicknamed her was sitting on the couch in front of the t.v., watching a movie being played--which is home alone. she loved that movie so much no matter how many times she watch it. she was a woman five years younger than viktor, and had been with him all her life. she decided to go with him, to support him with his career. it was a peaceful 24th of december and she hoped for nothing more but a night where she could enjoy what she could eat and what she could do.

earlier that day, she left to go shopping without viktor. yes, she planned to go all by herself so she'd be able to buy a thing or two for the living legend. although makkachin knew that viktor could probably buy the whole mall because he was too rich, she couldn't care less, because first of all, she didn't buy anything from the mall that could be given to him because she didn't really know what viktor would want for his birthday. and secondly, let her give you a hint: her gift was made with pure dedication, effort, and love.

upon hearing her friend call for her, she immediately turned around with an apologetic smile, "ah, viktor!" she said, clasping both her hands and closing her eyes, "i'm so sorry! i forgot to buy you a present!"

deep, navy hues flickered with fondness as the ever familiar soft voice of the young woman met his ears, immediately lifting up his mood. the process of making that gift was definitely worth it, even though his fingers got tired and achy. it left his nimble digits numb in order to perfect that beautiful calligraphy that only he can do. but the guilt in her voice made the 27--- now 28-year old blink. once, twice, until his pale lips broke into a kind smile. "present? you know you don't have to trouble yourself with my gift. your presence is the only thing i want from you." he reassured, lifting his gloved hand to ruffle the woman's hair in a comforting way. he knew so well that makkachin loved it when someone ruffles or plays with her hair. even with the gloves in his hand, he could practically feel the softness of the smooth tresses. "i have something for you, makkachin."