Chapter xv

I started working again, but I was feeling bad for Andrew. He didn't deserve that punishment. It was cruel of Mr. O'Connor to do what he did to Andrew. All he did was say that I worked a lot, and all he was trying to do was help me. The least he should've done was reprimand him in his office.

My friends looked over at me and I just looked down. I wasn't going to be able to come to this party as a guest, and just when I was planning on buying a dress too. I sighed again and decided to stop thinking about it, and once I was done with my work shift, I left the ballroom. Rini was still with Tana and she ran over to me crying.

"He fire Andrew!" She said sobbing loudly. I rubbed her back.

The hotel guests in the lobby looked around. Mr. O'Connor just looked around embarrassed. Toni still kept crying and he came over. He sighed.

Mr. O'Connor soon bent down and looked at Rini in the eyes. She looked scared and she held onto me tightly. It was as if she thought some stranger danger was going to happen.

"Listen here you bratty little rugrat, you either stop crying, or I'll fire your mommy!" he said gruffly. Rini screamed.

"You're a scrooge mister!" Rini shouted.

The hotel guests now looking around. Now he was even more embarrassed. One of the hotel guests had even heard what he said and he looked at him with a nasty look on his face. Sorry boss, but you did it to yourself.

"You know, I don't think I want to stay here anymore," the man said, and it was loud enough for everyone to hear. He soon went to the front desk to check out, and the assistant manager checked him out.

Another guest popped up and nodded. "Staff should never be treated this terrible, and neither should a small child." The other said.

"He doesn't even pay, we the staff, enough money. He makes them go out and get more jobs to help raise their children, he's a scrooge!" The lady at the concierge desk said, as she shot up from her chair.

The horror on his face said it all. He was loosing guests left and right and he looked at me with an angry face. He soon looked down at Rini and growled.

"Rivendale! You're fired!" He yelled. I soon took off my maids apron off angrily.

"You can't fire me Mr. O'Connor, because I quit." I said shoving the apron onto him.

I grabbed Rini by the hand and took her with me and he started to have a fit. Tana tagging along with me as he was yelling at the guests who were checking out, and Andrew who was still out and looked around. His eyes widened. He didn't know what to say, and he saw that I had left.

"Uncle, you do realize you just fired the best maid at this hotel, right?" Andrew asked, and Mr. O'Connor growled, banging his fist onto his desk.

"GET OUT!" He yelled at Andrew, and he walked into his office slamming the door angrily.