Chapter 24

Chapter 24

As soon as we were let out of the great hall after dinner, I quickly made my way towards the dungeons, determined to talk to Severus.

I wanted to  tell him what Draco had told me, and get his opinion on it.  Being a Death Eater wasn’t exactly on the top of things I wanted to do.

I walked quickly and quietly, not wanting to run into anybody else, especially one of my friends- I didn’t need to be asked a bunch of questions of whyI was in the dungeons this late.

I approached the door when I heard voices coming out from the inside. 

“They’ve found out that Lily’s from the future.” I heard Snape’s voice say softly, and I leaned against the door for better hearing. I heard what sounded like someone pacing before they replied, sounding grave.

“Severus, this is impossible. How would have they found out?”

“I don’t know. You  don’t think there could be a spy, in the Order?”

“How could that be, Severus? Then they would also know that you are working for me.”

“Still...” Snape said slowly, and I chose this moment to walk in.

“Hello, Professor, Headmaster.” I greeted, setting my bag down on one of the chairs as both turned towards me, Severus looking mildly surprised while Dumbledore looked expectant. Obviously my arrival had been predicted by him.

“Ah, Lily. How are you?”

“I’m fine, Headmaster. You?”

“Not as fine as you may be, dear Lily.” He sighed, and I nodded.

“I didn’t tell anyone, where I was from. No one except for Sirius.” I said quickly, and Dumbledore nodded, while Snape started pacing, looking like he was deep in thought, a contemplative look on his face.

“We know, and who would Black tell? Despite my dislike for the man, he’d rather give up his arms if it meant keeping her safe.” Snape frowned, letting out a small sigh.

“But who be a spy in the Order? They’re all loyal.” I pointed out, sitting down on top of a desk. Dumbledore stared at me before nodding.

“I believe you. But then how would they find out?” He said, shaking his head. “I will sort through the matter later on. Goodnight, you two.” 

Dumbledore nodded once before disappearing, leaving me alone with Snape, who looked at me expectantly.

“What?”

“Draco, he talked to me on the train.”

“I thought so. What did he say?”

“He asked me to join the Death Eaters.” I gulped, and Snape nodded.

“And you’re answer?”

“I told him I’d think about it.”

“And will you?”

“Yes... but I dunno. I’m scared.” I admitted, slumping back into the seat. “Tell me what I should do.”

Snape sighed, shaking his head at me.

“This is your choice, Lily, and your choice alone.”

“I know that, but just some advice- I don’t know what to do.” I muttered, crossing my arms over myself. Snape stared at me for a moment.

“Do what you have to. Write down the pros and cons. Yes, it would be a great help, to have you working for the Dark Lord, but I’d rather not have my only goddaughter in danger.” He said dryly, and I smiled slightly. It may not sound like it, but hidden beneath the layers of sarcasm there was concern.