The Message

Chapter 16

                I woke up totally at ease within myself. I felt complete, content and happy. I smiled lightly at that thought. For once I hadn’t had a nightmare that which would render me frozen within my sleep until it finally stopped and I could escape. No nightmares. It was the best night’s sleep I had in years.

                I slowly opened my eyes and I looked around at the room I was in. It was Xander’s room. My stomach still felt slightly numb but was much better than yesterday. I then realised how close Xander was to me. His arm was draped carefully across my waist and he was pressed fully against my back.

                It felt perfect. His warm bare chest was pressed against my back and his scent was consuming me. I could feel my wolf totally happy and dying for Xander to mark me. I wouldn’t let that happen. Once this was done, I wasn’t going to stay. I couldn’t force him to have me. Not all of the pack are happy with me right now but I could enjoy this for now.

                I didn’t move. I didn’t want to get out of the bed. I wanted to stay right here with Xander’s arm wrapped securely around me. It made me happy and for once in my life I felt totally safe. It was a nice feeling. It wasn’t something that I was used to but it was definitely perfect.

                I snuggled back into Xander as I watched the light stream through the slight gap of the curtain. It was soothing just lying here in his arms. I had nearly fallen back to sleep when I heard the taps of knocks on the door.

                Xander vaguely moved in response so I gently lifted his arm from me before I managed to heave myself into a sitting position even with the slight protest of my still sore side. I swung my legs out from underneath the covers and climbed out of the bed. Xander moved around slightly before falling back into sleep. I smiled. He looked so innocent and at ease asleep. It was really nice to see.

                I stood up still feeling the slight protest in my side but it wasn’t that bad. I stretched out before grabbing my dressing grown and securing it around my body. I walked towards the door and as I did so I brushed my fingers through my hair to tame it. I came up to the door and I opened it yawning slightly.

                “Morning,” Julia smiled.

                “Morning,” I replied smiling.

                “I have brought you both some breakfast seeing as you haven’t come down yet,” Julia explained, handing the tray over to me.

                I took the tray gratefully from her hands and placed it on a desk just by the door before returning to Julia.

                “Thank you,” I smiled, as I turned to look at Xander still asleep in the bed.

                As I returned to turn back to Julia I felt my side twinge in protest causing me to hiss in pain slightly. Julia looked at me a little concerned. I smiled again at her for reassurance and she smiled back weakly.