Chapter 14

Nora James P. O. V

"Oh my god, just step on it." Stella groans from the back seat as she leans her head against the seat.

Caleb nods his head in agreement but is still too focused on the ever lasting conversation between him and Valentino over the phone.

"Honey if you do not go above 35 I will personally kill you, I don't care if you're still driving and we're all still in the car, I will strangle you!" I say in conviction while glaring at a completely calm Alexander.

Alexander just smiles at me and turns the radio up, ignoring the death glares coming towards him from all of the passengers.

"I don't know why you're complaining, I'm doing it to keep you and the baby safe," Alexander says with a shrug of his shoulders, "and anyways, we're already here. This is it right?"

Looking out the window were Alexander is pointing, I nod my head as I take in the familiar brown painted apartment complex.

All of us step out the now parked car and head inside to make it Candice's apartment.

I grin in triumph as I pass the broken down elevator and towards the single flight of stairs that lead to her apartment.

As soon as I take a step forward Alexander grasps my arm from behind.

Turning to look at him in question, he looks worried, "careful, let me help you up the stairs." Alexander whispers.

I almost bang my head against the pale blue wall in frustration but ignore his idiocy.

It's only been a day.

I haven't even booked a damn appointment to the doctors.

We don't know shit.

Why is he acting like this?

Oh god, he's going to get even more possessive and the baby isn't even born yet, it's only the first day, I think as I almost cry in annoyance.

Looking back at Alexander whom has his arms out, ready to catch me if I even move the wrong way, makes me feel irritated but at the same time, I feel all warm and tingly inside, at least he cares.

Reaching my arm out, behind me, I smile spreads on my face as he firmly grips it in his own.

I can see Caleb rolling his eyes at us from the top of the stairs.

Finally reaching her apartment, I knock hesitantly on the door, everyone else behind me, taking cover because we have no idea how she might react.

"I swear if I see tears, I'm getting the fuck outta there." Caleb mumbles into my ear while Stella thwacks him on the arm.

Sniffles can be heard on the other side along with footsteps as finally the door swings open, revealing a teary eyed, runny nosed and puffy looking Candice.

Her blonde hair is pulled up into a loose ponytail, bits of stray hair flying around her slightly red face as she wears worn out sweatpants and a shirt.

Oh the poor thing.

Candice looks up from her sock clad feet and then to my face, and finally behind you.

"Awe, you guys came," she says sniffing slightly, "all of you."

"It's like a family reunion." Caleb says sarcastically from behind me, while Stella shoves him away and makes it past me over to Candice to pull her into a hug.

I make my way over to the two lair hugging and join in as well, not too long Caleb joins in too.

"Well shit, I didn't realize this would be awkward for me." Alexander says, biting his lip as he stands in the doorway.

"Thanks for coming guys, I appreciate it." Candice sniffles once more as we all break away and look around her apartment.

"This place is a shithole babe." Caleb mutters with his nose scrunched up while I unfortunately have to nod in agreement.

"Yeah I know, it's just that, Ge-George, he um came over yesterday. I got angry and....broke things."

"Why did you break up, dis he cheat?"

I glare at Alexander with the harshest glare I can muster.

Candice looks at all of us mournfully while she shakes her head as she drops to the sofa, the crumple of various packets and tubs of ice team can be heard as all of us visibly cringe.

"We had an argument, and he just, just left." She says as she shoves her face into her hands.

"What was the argument about exactly?" Stella says as she tries to coax the answers out of her but the frustration on her face is clear as day.

"I don't remember!" Candice says mournfully.

Alexander looks at me with a confused expression on his face while I have the same on mine, he shrugs back as we turn our attention onto Candice.

"You don't remember?" I question timidly.

"Nope." She says bluntly.

"Well do you think he remembers?" Stella asks from behind me.

"Well no, I don't think so?"

"Was it the sex? Was it bad, were the two years filled with a lot of bad sex, like really bad?"

Stella glares at Caleb threateningly but he doesn't care as his sole focus is on Candice.

"The sex was fine, it was great."

And just like that, Candice erupts into more tears and sobs.

"Um here," Alexander mutters as he grabs the tissue box on the coffee table near him and hands it to Candice.

"Oh hi Alexander," she hiccups, "I can call you that right?" Candice asks through teary eyes.

I look at Alexander out of the corner of my eye and see the expression on his face.

Meeting my eyes, he gulps before letting out a hesitant, "yeah sure, why not I mean we're all friends here right?"

I give Alexander a nod of approval while he sighs out in relief.

"Hey, I never got a warm welcome like that." Caleb scoffs out loud while Alexander just shrugs, worsening Caleb's mood even more.

"Well what do we do now?" Alexander asks.

"Remind me to never bring you along to these things." I growl at him.

"Hey I only came to look after you." Alexander says as he sits next to me on the coffee table.

"What's wrong, are you sick?" Candice asks as worry lines her face.

"Yup, for life."

"It's nothing." I assure her but Candice still protests.

"I'm pregnant." I say, throwing a knowing look at Alex who's mouth was partially open, about to say something.

"We're pregnant." Alexander says clearing his throat.

This man will be the death of me.

----------------
AN: Hi everyone I'm so sorry for this eh chapter once again, I know it was a filler chapter and everything but it's important for the next one which will be in Alexander's P. O. V. Anyways please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share