The Broken and the Heartbroken

She couldn't believe it. She had always dreamt that she would become a Mrs Weasley. The entire universe seemed to lead her towards that fate.

And now the entire universe seemed wrong.

For a moment she lost hope. She lost her confidence.

She felt like she'd lost everything.

She couldn't believe Ron would do such a thing.

Sure, he was a prat. Sure he was sometimes an attention-whöre. Sure, he would complain and compare her to his mom whenever they had arguments. Sure, he had been slightly revengeful at her for dating Victor Krum, by snogging Lavender. Sure, he had ditched them while looking for horcruxes.

But he had accepted her for who she was, he had loved her and she had loved him back. But she realised she was thinking in the past tense now.

She realised it was over.

She couldn't let go. She didn't want to let go. She had forgiven him for everything he had done in the past and Mrs Weasley treated her like a daughter. It was the only place in the magical world where she felt belonged. It was her family.

And then he'd gone and ruined everything by pimping her out.

And now people would know, people would bitch about her as usual.

She was always the soft target. She was tired of this.

The war had taken so much from her. She had hardly gotten her parents back and they were still a bit distant with her for what she'd done. She couldn't take it anymore.

So she cried and cried, and cried. And then let out a loud wail of loss when she thought no one was watching.

But what she didn't know was one platinum headed boy had heard it all. And right now he was running away from the corridor, his face ashen, his mind racing with memories of a large living room, in which a maniacal black haired woman tortured a bushy haired brunette and engraved the word "MUDBLOOD" into the flesh of her forearm.

Her screams were still echoing in his head, rendered afresh by the tortured wail he heard a few moments ago. Only, this time, he was the cause, along with Ronald Weasley.

He had never wanted to be the cause for someone's pain. He just wanted to teach that attention-whöre, Weasel King a lesson. But, that damn loser had broken her heart.

And her screams had broken something inside of him.

All he had wanted, was to spend sometime with her. To find some way to redeem himself. But he had just blown it full-scale.

Like everything else, he had failed at this too.

So he ran.

He ran until he reached the dungeons and shut himself up in his dorm, trying to get the voices out of his head.

He had broken her. Just like everything else he touched. But he would fix it.

He would not give up just yet.

Although what he didn't know that Hermione Granger was not a China doll. She wasn't that easy to break. The Gryffindor Princess had gotten up a few minutes after he'd left and headed straight to the library to bury herself in books.

To Hermione Granger, books were the best friends one could have. They helped out with stuff you didn't know, and never sold you out to the enemy. So that's where she went, to her loyal friends.

***************************
Author's Note:

Sorry the chapter's a bit short. In my defence, it felt like it took ages to write since it was SO INTENSE. Hope that makes up for the lack of length though.