CHAPTER 13

The propellers that kept us up started to slow. But it seemed the strange grenadine also did something to the Yamato. They were falling as well. The huge propellers helped the ships drop slowly, but the last twenty feet it was almost complete free fall. I saw the Yamato falling even with us as we crashed into the water. Twin tsunamis were sent up by the warships suddenly falling into the water like toys. I tried to switch to the auxiliary power, and when the power lit up, I looked outside to the left to see two of the massive propellers float to the surface, and then sink. Two were also gone on the right side. That left two in total. Not enough to fly. But this ship did have forward facing propellers like an old ship.

       I threw the ship in forward. We lurched suddenly and head straight for our wounded target. Only a few anti aircraft guns fired. I radioed to some ships thousands of feet above to help. I looked at the Yamato again. Some of its propellers were torn off as well. I stepped out with the megaphone again.

       "Nice try! But the cruise is over! Surrender or be sunken!" I yelled.

       Slowly, a white flag flew above the slanted mainmast. Two cruisers dropped ropes down and armed troops boarded the injured enemy ship. I stopped my ship, but decided to move in. There were guns firing, and a man jumped overboard. Strange.

       Just as my hand started to move the throttle, the Yamato and the two cruisers disappeared in a huge fireball.