F i f t y

F I  F  T Y  

「   F  I  F  T  Y   」

:

One month.

For one month Scarlett had been out of Arkham. Her freedom wasn't living up to the standards that she had imagined, never mined hoped for. A few things had changed in such a small period of time. Joker had relocated Harley and Scarlett to a safe house just a little way out of town. The house was more than comfortable, more than what Scarlett had expected. The two criminals lived a flashy lifestyle of status and wealth. A toxic mind corrupting world to be in. Heck look at Damien Wayne. Scarlett wasn't that surprised when Joker had personally escorted his two girls to the comfortable stately home. It wasn't exactly what she imagined joker taste to be but it suited more Harley homely needs and touches for a beloved family. Wonder how that has turned out for her. The house was strictly monitored by round the clock entrusted men twenty four seven. The home barely had any visitors, well visitors Joker seemed important. He kept the house on strict supervision which Harley didn't mind, she got to play the dutiful role of a house wife what she'd always dreamed. Scarlett on the other hand felt like a prisoner, only a prisoner with a upgraded cell with lavish silk pillows, fur rugs and  scented body oils.
Joker had made it clear that she couldn't be out and about freely until the buzz of her escape had calmed down. The story had hit the news. She was dubbed a criminal now. For the whole world to see. A big target slapped on her back forever. Looks like school and a career where out of the option for now.
Scarlett nightmares continued to plague her mind as she tried to suppress the guilt that had begun to consume her the same night after her return from their little field trip in the woods. She felt like she was being torn into all different directions. It was going to consume her. So she did the best thing she could. After a night of spilling her feelings to her fathers most trusted partner she came to the conclusion. It was time to ditch that part of her life.
It was time for Scarlett Quinzel to reinvent herself. It was time to grow the fuck up.
How else was a teenager to reinvent them self? What better way than a pair of scissors, a box of cheap drug store box hair dye and a good old detox of her old life.

Scarlett Quinzel stood elegantly on the balcony of one of a pent house suite of one of Jokers business partners. Her platinum silver hair pinned back out her face leaving its straightened length to cascade down her back. If falling into a vat of chemicals did one thing, it was bleach her hair leaving her perfectly new platinum hair hair all the room in the world to flourish in the world of box dyes. Her painted red lips pulled into a smile as she laughed at the comment Grayson made of a man leering glances at her. The duo had become quite good friends as of the recent weeks. He reminded her of her old friend. The memory of him bringing a sadness in her eyes, something that she's learned to conceal very well. Her laughing shuttering to a stop as the cool night air tickled her bare shoulders. Grayson brought his glass of whiskey to his lips rolling his eyes at the man eyeing his friend rather hungrily. " I wonder if he knows that every time he glances at you he's adding to the number of fingers he's going to lose?" He scoffed trying to conceal his smirk from behind his glass. Scarlett's eyes fluttering across the balcony towards Harley who had appeared to notice the mans stares as she removed herself from her girlfriends. " Do you think he'll listen to her warning?" She asked tearing her eyes from the skyline of Gotham city. The lights of the city twinkling bringing her a calming peace.
" He'll have no other choice but to. You know what mothers are like when it comes to their children." He sneered devilishly recalling an incident that happened a couple of days ago. Harley was definitely a protective mother. She'd threatened to skin Johnny alive when he suggested that Scarlett was old enough to care for herself, leaving Harley but no other choice to charge his credit card to refill the cupboards with its usual fine china. The small dig earning  Grayson a sharp elbow to the ribs from scarlet. "Watch it Grayson, or I may have to report a terrible crime tonight." She said in a sing song voice making him highly aware of how high up they where. " someone's been hanging around her mother to much." He scoffed knocking back the rest of his whiskey. " isn't that one of her infamous lines." Scarletts hazel eyes rolled to the side as she shook her head. " she's got some good stories. They would have made tremendous bedtime stories don't you think?" Her eyebrow raising cheekily as they learn on the glass railing. " How to raise a little criminal. What a good lesson for the little ones." The two sharing a laugh enjoying the night. Scarlett tossed her head back leaning on the balls of her feet swinging backwards and forwards taking in the night. After all it had been a while since she'd truly enjoyed the outside world. Lavish business parties becoming the social norm. It was becoming a common occurrence to bat her eyes the other way when a briefcase of cash was presented or the gentle reminder of a heavily loaded gun. As the duo laughed the sound of a commotion behind them brought them back down to their reality. They where here on business. "We better hop to it befor—." The shattering of a window sending shattered speckles of glass onto the balcony interrupting Grayson. " things get out of hand."

The shattering of glass transformed into the rumbling roar of an engine. Scarlett silver hair sprawled across her shoulders as Joker sped through the streets of Gotham. His ringed fingers drumming the stirring wheel as he pushes his foot down on the gas. His keen eye glancing at Grayson in his sports black sports car pulling along side him accompanied by Harley adorned in her Fusia pink silk wrap dress. A playful smile on her lips as she flashed her teeth at her Puddin in a mocking manner. Johnny trailing behind in his car speaking on the phone keeping in contact with the other cars that trailed behind them. " successful evening I'm assuming?" Scarlett asked as she glanced out the window watching the blur of the city street light spass by. Her fingers reaching out tapping the glass. " Successful as it could be Darlin." His grilled tooth smile snapping shut as he watched her fingers flutter across the window admiring the passing lights of the shops and restaurants. He saw that longing in her eyes that she'd tried to snuff out. He saw it when her eyes gazed into the night sky on their family evenings or when he'd catch her early hours of the morning wandering the halls soullessly. She was broken. But she was fixable like all broken dolls they could be mended. But this wound was taking time to heal.
The two sat in silence before the ringing of Joker phone broke the silence. Johnny name flashed up on the screen. Joker raised the phone to his ear letting out a grumbled growl as his fist punched the lining of the roof. "What's wrong? Has something happened?"
The screeching of car tires behind them caused Scarlett to turn in her seat, eyes widening at the sight of their entourage slowly depleting as the infamous bat mobile closed in on the three sports cars. " Oh fuck." Scarlett fell back in her seat as joker weaved effortlessly through the cars ahead. Scarlett shot a glance at the wing mirror seeing a dark masked vigilante speeding beside them on a black supercharged motor cycle. " On your right." She spluttered as the bike grew closer to her window. Unaware of the bat mobile speeding past them. "What are we going to—oh my god." Her eyes widening as the bat mobile blocked off the road ahead. The bike now by Scarletts window raising his arm about to fire an arrow through the window. "Watch out" she screeched in a panic ducking her head down as she unbuckled her seat belt to reach across as she knocked joker down pushing the stirring wheel leading the car to jerk to the left harshly sending them into a screeching drift leading for Grayson car to collide into their side knocking their car sending the car into a lurching spin straight into a row of parked cars.Scarlett body lurching forward crashing through the windshield sending her tumbling forward her arms raised up to cover her face as she tumbled onto the windshield. The sound of her name ringing in her ears. Her eyes barely opening as everything blurred into a distorting image of shattered glass and blurred lights.
"Shit." She mumbled resting her head on the bonnet of the Lamborghini trying to stop the world from spinning into the blotches of black speckling her vision.