7: Mellifluous

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚

Gray was astonished by what Juvia had just told him. "You're going to that art school too?" She was also going to the private Phantom Art Academy, something that was unexpected.

She laughed, "Yeah, thankfully there's still a month left until school starts."

Gray nodded in relief, "I was panicking because I thought I wasn't going to know anyone there." He hated being alone more than anything, shivers ran down his spine as he recalled the time he had been accidentally locked up in the basement.

She grabbed his hands and pressed them together in her own, "You shouldn't have to worry about that." Her deep blue sea eyes moved up to look at him, "But you don't have to anymore, because you have me." She smiled.

Gray was stunned by her confidence, and felt insecure by his own lack of it.

Juvia let out a small gasp as she realized in horror that her shift was going to start in about fifteen minutes, "Call me alright?" She stood on her tippy toes and gave Gray a final hug for the time being, "We should meet up sometime this summer, yeah?"

Gray chuckled and ran his hands through his own hair, "Yeah."

xXx

Igneel's breathing was exactly like a train's horns and heaved with each step he took as he pulled the luggage out of the door. "Hurry up boys!" He called, "We need to get going!" He breathed out. 'Yeah, I'm getting old.' Igneel thought, 'Who gives a damn though.'

A warm hand patted his back, a gesture to let him know that the person would carry it for him. "Here, I got it, Mr.Dragneel." Gajeel murmured, as he threw the suitcase over his shoulder with ease.

Igneel smiled at him, "Thanks."

By then, everyone was ready to leave, except for Jellal, who had to be dragged out because he refused to get out of bed.

"Gray." He groaned, "I DON'T WANT TO GET OUT OF BED!" His screams were muffled by Gajeel who threw a pillow directly in his face.

"Just you wait," He hissed under the covers, "Whenever I feel like getting out of bed, I'll-,"

Natsu rolled his eyes, "Stop being so extra." 

"Hypocrite." Jellal gracefully rolled out of the blankets and onto the floor, his eyes shot wide open after he remembered last night's events. "THERE WAS A GHOST HERE!" He screeched and ran to Igneel's side, feeling safe around him.

"A what?" Natsu asked.

Jellal's paranoid eyes went all around the room and a tint of red dusted his cheeks, "I-it was a ghost! I saw it! He had dark hair and he was leaning over my bed,-" Jellal wiped away the small tears threatening to run down, with his pinky, "I thought it was Gray or something but this guy was over six foot-."

Igneel frowned, he was a person who didn't believe in the paranormal and supernatural things, "It was probably just in your imagination, Jellal." He pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it, "Besides, I saw that things you were eating!" He pointed the lighter at Jellal, "You had too many sweets, you probably just imagined the whole thing."

Jellal pouted, upset that no one believed him, "I guess you're right." He simply said before running out to the car.

Gray casually unbuckled his belt and removed his joggers which revealed another layer of navy shorts underneath, "Sometimes I worry about him, I don't think he'll make it in the real world."

Gajeel rolled his eyes and looked like he was done with life, "You know, I think the same about you."

"Oi!"

xXx

Several hours later, they were all back in town. Igneel dropped the guys off at their places and they all thanked him for the trip. "See you!" Natsu waved from the window.

"I still can't believe it, Natsu," Igneel sipped on his coffee as he waited for the light to turn green, "You're growing up so fast!" 

Natsu slumped in his seat, "Too fast, actually. I don't wanna grow up, dad. I just wanna stay home and sleep all day."

When they arrived in their small apartment, they were greeted by the landlady who reminded them to pay their rent by the end of the month. "We get it, we get it." Igneel mumbled.

Natsu went over to his bed, before checking the time. There were still a few hours before the sun would set.

He decided to call Lucy. He just got back, so why not?

He smiled as he waited for his friend to answer, and in that moment he could feel his heart move.

"Natsu!" Igneel opened the door without knocking, infuriating Natsu. "I'm making pizza, you hungry?"

"I'm always hungry! Now leave!" Igneel shook his head at son, how rude.

"And I'm always Lucy!" She said from the other side of the line. Natsu hadn't realized that he had been holding the phone to his cheek.

Flustered all he managed to say was, "Ahh- sorry about that."

'Just hearing your voice makes my heart warmer.' Lucy thought, but didn't say. 

Natsu continued to rant about food, while Lucy listened intently. She was still back at the resort in her room doing nothing. 

"Food is life, you know?" Natsu's mouth watered when the warm smell of the bread hitting the oven lingered through the house.

Lucy giggled, "Kind of, I guess. But I can go for days without eating!" 

Natsu's heart triggered when he heard those words from her, "What's good about that?" His tone suddenly changed, frightening Lucy.

"I was joking," She lied, "Sorry."

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚

A/N:

 I'm so sorry!! I hadn't realized how long an update was on this book! I was stressed about exams and stuff for the past month, so that was my main priority.