Haunting Pasts (Part 2)

You raised your eyebrows at him. 'Oh do we? I don't think so'

He pushed off the door and stalked towards you, his eyes blazing, and he grabbed your upper arms roughly 'Stop this act! This isn't you! I don't know what Katherine did to you, or what happened in the last century, what I do know is that you, (Y/N)(L/N), are not this person. You are sweet and innocent and delicate, and you adore your friends and couldn't hurt a fly if you wanted to. You are my best friend. Your act last night was highly convincing, but I know what's going on inside!' he said. He was almost shaking you in desperation. 

You rolled your eyes before gripping his forearms and easily pushing him off you. He looked so surprised at your strength that he stumbled back a few steps.

'Listen to me Damon, and listen to me good cause I'm not gonna say this again. I'm not the girl you remember. Who you knew was a pathetic, frail and weak human, whose entire life revolved around a guy who didn't even bat an eyelid at her. Any guesses who that guy was? I think you'll get pretty close to the correct answer. This is me now. So you better get used to. Oh and you're one to talk about 'acting' and 'changing' Damon. You and I stand at the same place. We've both been in love and that love destroyed who we were. That very love has changed both of us for better or worse, changing everything. Everything. So don't you dare accuse me of changing or becoming a different person, because you're no better.' you said, gritting your teeth.

'You know if I had known you were alive this entire time, I would have moved heaven and hell to find you. Even before we both met the demon called love, we were inseparable. I realize we have both been broken and I know it was my fault in your case, but can't we go back to how things were? You're the only piece of home I have left besides Stefan, and I hate him for the fact that Katherine turned him too. I thought of you every single day in the past century (Y/N), every single day. Just wishing and regretting. I won't let this end until I get you back. Becoming a vampire only heightens your emotions and beliefs, doesn't turn you into an entirely different person. And even if you're stronger than last time, or far more elusive than last time, I will come through.'

You stared at him for a while, willing your tears back. You wished his words were true but years and years of experience have evading all sorts of emotions have locked your heart. It wasn't the happiest way of going about but it was the safest. You didn't get disappointed. You didn't get hurt.

'Damon my purpose of coming back is Elena and keeping her safe' you said, walking away 'not you'

You continued walking towards your car, done with this conversation when he said something, suddenly so close to you that you felt his breath at the back of your neck, that made you stop dead in your tracks.

'The last words you said to me were 'always remember I'm yours'. Oh and believe me, I have never and will never forget it.  You said it yourself, sealing your fate, years ago. You're mine. And nothing can change that.'

________________________________________________________________________________

The music was deafening as you danced with the guy you just found. He was cute-to a level- and seemed really eager to get in your pants. Oh he's in for a night.

Damon completely disappeared after that...declaration, leaving you furious and your heart beating for some unexplainable reason. You had turned around and hurried to the one and only club in Mystic Falls. The alcohol here was good, and it was easy to find a victim to feed on.

Yeah, you were one of those vampires. You drank human blood, straight out of the vein. It was the best and strongest there was. But you hardly ever killed your victims. You mostly just drained half of their blood before compelling them to believe they just had an awesome night with you. It leaves them weak for a while, before they go on about their business. That doesn't mean you've never killed though. It an awesome feeling to drain the literal life out of some bastards who just can't seem to keep their minds on the right track.