Chapter 9

The next couple of days pass in a blur. It's been five days since they passed and in that time we've held the funeral, sorted out my house, read the will and my uncle has taken official custody of me.

The funeral was a simple service since we aren't particularly religious. My parents friends and colleagues payed their respects, laying flowers and wishing me the best. In fact, it was yesterday - Friday - and in honesty, I don't think I'd cried that much since the night it happened. However, it gave my uncle and I the closure I needed.

It was on Thursday that I sorted my house. I packed my books and other possessions into boxes to be taken to the house - my new home. Many of my parents books have also been moved since I felt that the collection in the study was rather depleted. Their clothes have all been given to charity shops in the hope of good use alongside several other things. Photos have been taken with me to be put in storage at the bottom of my wardrobe and the rest is a mixture between those two things.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, after the night on the balcony with Chenle, I just spent relaxing around the house. I went swimming, used the gym and even went for a walk in the forest. I did stick to my word and went shopping with Manager Lee and Jeno, stocking up on all the useless junk food teenagers need as well as the British essentials - thankfully I doubt any of the boys will want to steal my pot noodles.

Today however, I'm meeting my friends. We've decided to go for a walk in the forest, something we've done a couple of times before. They've decided that, considering all that's happened and what we need to talk about, a busy environment is not the best place for us to go. The forest however, particularly where we often go, is rather quiet and peaceful with long walks and trails to soothe somebody. Just what I need apparently.

"Thanks" I tell my uncle, hopping out of the car. I walk round the back to retrieve my wellies from the plastic bag in the boot, sitting inside the mentioned boot to put them on. I swap my trainers for the plain green glass in wellies, grabbing my backpack as I hop down.
"Enjoy yourself. You've got your phone haven't you? Call me if you need anything or if something happens? Have you got the boys numbers? Are you going back to Ella's afterwards? Let me know when you need picking up" he says in a blur as though we haven't been through this already.
"Yes, I've got my phone. Yes, I will call you if I need anything. Yes, I've got the boys numbers - Jaemin insisted. No, I'm not going back to Ella's and yes I will let you know when I need picking up" I repeat through the wound down window.
"Do you want me to wait till they get here?" He asks. By 'here' he means the normal stop where we get dropped off to go walking.
"Nah, it's fine. They'll be here soon. Honestly, you're becoming like dad" I laugh.
"There's nothing wrong with that" he reminds me.
"I know, but remember that for however long I'm going to have 10 or more over protective boys plus 3 over protective grown men looking after me. Give me a bit of freedom. On your way, I'll see you later" I tell him, waving him away.

He pulls out of his parking space, exiting the small car park and down the narrow lane that'll take him to the main road. As if on queue, two cars let him pass before pulling through the gate. A smile comes to my face as I see the people inside and as soon as the two cars park, I walk towards them. Several car doors get flung open and before I know it six girls are running towards me. They engulf me in a hug, cradling me as if I'm something precious that can break at any moment. I guess, in all honesty and despite my best effort, even the smallest thing has occasionally set me off over the last couple of days. The stuff that you'd expect, however, hasn't.

"Hey guys" I say shyly.
"How are you?" Mia questions with evident concern in her  voice whilst she looks me up and down.
"So so. Not the best but then again, I could be a lot worse" I shrug, not really elaborating. "Everyone ready for an exciting walk?" I ask, changing the subject and wiggling my eyebrows at them.
"Yeah, come on you idiot. Let's go" Ella laughs and I swear I see several of sighs of relief at my normal behaviour.
"We bought sweets!" Lucy squeals excitedly, doing a weird run ahead.
"I give up" Skye sighs as we follow after her. Amy and her quickly rush to catch up with Lucy, leaving me with Amy, Rosie and Mia.