57.0

I will not forget the day when Yoongi finally went back to school. It has been exactly a week since the 'incident' happened, and after he set the piano in fire inside their own house, I wasn't really expecting of seeing him ever again. But the fact that he was there on his usual spot, talking to his classmates and friends like nothing happened made me feel like everything's not over yet.

I was close on giving up but i'm glad that I didn't.

However, it wasn't like before. Everything was not the same how it used to be, it will never be. He can't talk to me unless there are other people around, nor text me without having to mention a different name than mine. It was complete utter hell, but talking to him secretly between passing notes from class room and texting behind different names in the contact list is still better than not being able to talk at all.

Yuri knew everything, but she kept quiet. She's now dating Jiho and I can't blame her if her attention for me has split into two. I was just like that, and I feel like I am not giving her anymore time, but she understands. That is why she is my best friend and no one can replace her.

Yuri and I were walking into the cafeteria to get lunch and to meet her boyfriend until a freshman boy walked into us to hand me a piece of paper. As I took it from his hands, he rans away without saying a word. I unfolded the piece of torn apart paper from a notepad and read the four words in my head.

After school. Music room.

I didn't have to know who it was from. I know exactly who wrote this note.

As Yuri and I reach the cafeteria, Yoongi is the first thing I saw. Sitting on his usual table with his usual friends that he calls, staring right back at me while I am still holding the note. He looks away as he saw the note, and went back to talk to his friends again.

I took a deep breath as I feel a pinch in my heart.

I don't know how much more I can endure.

*

"Eunji."

Yoongi runs to me then pulls me into a tight hug, my face burrowing into his chest. I begin to hug him back as tight as I can, then closed the door right away as we both pulled back. Everything felt magical, like everything is so right.

He then explained to me what he had to do for him to go back to school. He told his father that our relationship is non existent anymore and that he will do good on school. But his father said that he will keep a close watch on him all the time, and he never knows when he might appear. That is why he can't talk to me in public at all.

And if he does bad on his grades for this upcoming two weeks before the graduation, he'll home study instead and go straight to the mental institution this vacation. No one knows how long he's going to stay there, but there is only one thing we know.

We can't let his parents send him away.

"That's why we need to work on this project." He the finalizes as his explanation comes to an end. He sits down on to the piano chair, rushing every action he makes like someone is chasing him. He takes out his cellphone and places it on top of the piano. "Do you remember the lyrics?"

"Y-yes." I stutter, trying my best to remember everything. "Most of it."

"Okay, we'll have to work with the piano because I can't bring my equipment here and you're obviously... well," he pauses, striking the keys to test it. "not allowed in our house."

"I know," I replied quickly. "You didn't have to rub it in."

"Don't act like i'm not allowed to go into your house as well." He mutters and looks up at me to see a hurt expression from my face. He gulps then begins to play the intro of the song. "Fighting now is pointless, we need to finish this."

"What should we name the song?" I ask him.

He kept on playing the piano and quietly mumbled, "So Far Away."

And with that, we begin to sing and let the music carry us away from our problems.

And even though it was only for a couple of minutes, it felt amazing.

Absolutely amazing.

*

Yoongi and I waited until ten o'clock in the evening before we left the school. As soon as the bell rung, we went out of the musical room and look into each other's eyes before we blended in into the sea of people walking onto the hallways.

It'll never be same anymore when Yoongi and I walk together to our house and do nothing but talk to each other. Talk about our futures together, our dreams, our passions. Our passions that we both can't express as much as we want to.

I start to walk into the night, ear buds plugged into my ears. The snow has finally calmed down and it's not as thick anymore, it's only about an inch thick from the ground, and if not, less. I was caught into the music that as I pass by around the trees and light posts, I felt like I was inside a music video.

A lonely girl walking through a snowy road by herself. Isn't that so cliche?

But then I pass by a light post with an advertisement paper glued onto it and I knew exactly what to do next. I take my phone out and immediately text Yoongi the details of the advertisement.

He needs a distraction. And this is going to be perfect for him.

With a relief and a smiling face, I hit the send button and proceed to walk home.

But then I stopped and turned around to look back at the paper again.

Hit It auditions coming to Daegu!