F i f t y O n e

F  I  F  T  Y O N E

「   F  I  F  T  Y O N E  」

:

Scarlett mangled body lay flat on the bonnet of the car. Her eyes closed as she tried her hardest to swallow the hard lump forming in her throat as she began to succumb to the throbbing on her head. Slowly raising her head from the bonnet wincing at the sharp pain erupting across her temple. Her fingers curling as she touched her forehead in attempt to suppress the pain. The shards of glass covering her arms, her surroundings and her hair falling leaving a panicked cry of disbelief leave her ruby red lips as she trembled at the blood seeping from her forehead. Her fingers shaking at the small paper like cuts adorning them. Her eyes shifting about frantically as her disoriented help didn't help ease her conscience as she glanced towards the drivers seat. Her vision still blurring slightly as she tried to focus on the empty seat. Panicking as she began to fear the worst. "Hey, hey Scarlett." The voice if Grayson called soothingly as she heard the scuffling of the drivers side door being tugged open. "Hey it's me—I'm going to help you, are you alright?" He asked slowly helping to pull her back through the windshield into her seat. His hands gently supporting her head with one hand and the other her body as he guided her back onto the seat. Her whimpering filling his ears as she bit her lip at the pain erupting her body. His hand finding her cheek as he stared into her eyes. " hey look at me—." " I think you may have a concussion. You're in shock—." Grayson began trying to check her vitals. " I think I'm a little more than little concussed you ass." She snapped as he gently touched the gash on her forehead leading her to flinch pulling her head back. A wave of pain disagreeing with her sudden movement. " Even after an accident you're still going to be a snappy—." " Hey I'm the victim here." She winced at the sudden gunfire being acknowledged in her peripheral. " Where is he?" She asked frantically " is he?" "No. He's off seeking vengeance on the bat. Now can we have less chatting we need to get you out of here." He said scoffing as he popped his head over he car checking for anyone near by. " Right on a scale of 1-10 do you think you can walk?" Scarlett scoffed at his childishness at a serious time like this. " Seriously now isn't the time for childish questions—." The sound of a bullet bouncing off the metal of the cars roof startling the pair. "Right erm 7-7. Lets get out of here." She stuttered as the duo pulled her to her feet. One arm wrapped around his shoulder the other round her waist as they hobbled to their feet. " Grayson get her out of here." Johnny shouted ducking behind his car firing at the dark vigilant from the motor cycle. "I'm on it Johnny, cover me." The duo attempting to move away from the chaos to a more sheltered domain. "Shit Grayson!" Johnny shouted as he stood up from behind the car firing at the masked vigilante. "I'll be gone for just a second." He said with pleading eyes pulling the gun from his waist band. "Don't move." He said before running off to help Johnny. " Like I plan on it." She shouted back ducking behind the car once again. Her hands fumbling with the clasps of her heeled shoes pulling them from her feet. Her bare feet touching the dampness of the tarmac. Great. She thought to herself as she pulled the skirts of her long maxi dress. The material ripped and torn. Tossing her heels aside she peaked around the back of the car to catch a glimpse of Johnny and Grayson firing at the masked vigilante. The two of them barely blocking his shots. Joker and the Bat where no where in sight. Harley lay across the ground as Johnny attempted to reach her side. Scarlett winced was she rested her head back on the cool metal of the car. The bruising pain of her body causing her discomfort as she forced herself to look back over the trashed vehicle. Her eyes spotting a gun only a few inches away from her. She needed to defend herself. This was her option. The petite girl stumbled onto her feet crawling almost falling over like a newborn child her fingers grazing the gun as a heavy black boot pressed down on the gun.

My eyes trailed up from the boot of the vigilante in front of me. Orbs trailing up the vigilantes leg up to his raven locks, eyes concealed by the black robin mask. His in famous clenched jawline giving him away. In the depths of Scarletts foggy mind she recognised him. Her tongue struggling to find the familiarity of his name. His name dancing around the back of her mind. " I don't think you'll be needing this." The vigilante spoke sharply kicking it out of reach. " You shouldn't be here." He said, the calmness of his voice ringing in my mind. " Really?" I said sarcastically. " I'm sure every girl plans on getting tossed through their cars window on a night out." The smug smile dancing across my lips as I pushed the strands of hair out my face. His blank expression evident that he wasn't amused by my antics. " Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news, not that I'm not enjoying our chat but aren't you supposed to be fighting the bad guys." Lips pursed as I glanced into his gazed eyes concealed by the white lenses of his mask. " Correct." Within and instance his hand shot out grasping my upper forearm yanking me to my feet. "Excuse me." I spat whacking him in the arm attempting to pry his fingers from digging into my skin anymore. " That is no way to handle a car crash victim." My encloses fist finding his jaw landing a rather nasty right hook. His head snapped to the side in a inhumanly wretched fashion. My leg raising tangled in the fabric of my dress hitting him in the stomach. The tearing sound of fabric ringing in my ears. " Great." I mumbled under my breath as he lunged at me. Us both blocking one another's attacks as I stumbled into the trashed vehicle. The aching pain of my body becoming a distant memory as I focused on trying to not get punched in the face.
My attackers hands grasped my wrist twisting it forcefully to the side my body crippling as it bent in a uncomfortable fashion. His body over powering mine pushing me down. The trembling of my aching muscles succumbing to my tiring form. My body collapsing onto the boot compartment of the car. A frustrated groan leaving my lips as I lay helplessly victim to my attacker. My eyes staring up into the souless glaze of those white orbs. " I really didn't want to do this to you. But it's for the best." He muttered sorrowfully. "W-what." I asked confusion cleansing my facial features. "Why do you seem sorry?" My eyebrows furrowing as I registered his slight moment of weakness. " You where better than this." He snapped gripping my wrists tightly shaking me. His muscles trembling as his lip quivered. " Listen pal I don't know you." Anger fueling my veins. " And you don't know me." The sudden surge of adrenaline lining my veins as my head raised, raising my body off the cooled metal. " Who are you to tell me—." My words cut short by the sound of an explosion behind us. Our bodies tumbling to the tarmac below us. His hands pulling me to safety out of harms way as the billowing wind of explosive heat washed over us. The clatter of falling debris surrounding us.
"Scarlett." A voice shouted accompanied by the clatter of heels. " Scarlett."
Wincing I opened my eyes staring down at the masked man above me. My fingers finding a clump of hard debris. " I'm sorry." I mumbled before raising the debris smacking it down hard  upon the mans temple. His protective form falling as he lay unconscious on the ground. Gathering my skirts standing to my feet. I raised my hand stepping out from behind the car. " I'm here." I coughed before being pulled into the warm arms of Harley. Her hands cupping my cheeks as I stared momentarily into her warm baby blue eyes. " Come on honey we gotta get out of here." My head nodding as a small smile graced my lips once more. Her fingers finding mine as we ran out of the ruckus. My skirts in one hand and the other in hers.

Sirens filled the night  air along with the rising cloud of smoke that raged the epicentre of the attack. The bat signal lighting up the smog filled night. The flashing of red and blue glowing against the concrete walls as Gotham PD cornered the scene. Harlequin and her daughter long since fled from the scene. The joker had slipped away into the night accompanied with a few of his trusted men. The other handful escorted into the back of the police vans. The chief of police stood baffled as the fire department began the clean up putting out the fire from the explosion.
The three masked vigilante stood tall upon an close by building watching as the police department began there work.
" So she's with them now ." Dick Grayson asked wearily as he watched his adoptive brother stare off into the night, his eyes fixated on the flickering embers slowly burning out. " It appears that way." Batman said sternly " Looks like that's another name to add to the list huh?" Dick joker trying to lighten the mood. Damien's head snapped towards his adoptive brother. " Something wasn't right. She didn't remember. Sh—." Batman turned to his son harshly cutting off his words. "She's a now threat. Our only concern with Scarlett Quinzel is getting her back into a Arkham asylum."
The teenage boy sending his father a glare. His face scrunching along with his fists as he stalked off away from them. "Damien." Bruce snapped causing Damien to barely waver as he walked away. " I'll see you at home." He spat before leaping over the side of the building into the streets below.