Chapter 39

2012 Jessup Intermational Law Moot Court is...KILLING me! And I've got th lowest grade in my entire life - EVER!!! And the one who gave me that should not be giving me that grade in ANY WAY!

Thanks to Wattpad for relieving my stress.

Dedicated to HxJoyxH. because she stayed up all night reading th book. hehe

BTW, who's going to the Meet Up on March 24?

ENJOY!

*******************************************

Chapter 39

Liz:

“Would you like some coffee, miss?” The flight steward asked me.

With a soft smile, I answered. “Yes, please.”

She handed me a cup of coffee. “Is there anything you want?”

“No, thank you.”

She left immediately after that and offered coffee to other passengers of the plane. When I looked outside the window and saw the clouds passing by, the flight steward’s question resounded in my head. And it made me think. Is there anything I want?

I took a sip from my coffee as I continue asking myself the same question. What do I want?

Sigh. Shaking my head is the only thing I can think of doing. Things that happened before I left keeps on replaying in my head. And as I stare into the sky, everything flashed back.

After seeing Vince and Elaine in that situation, I ran away. But as I was running, I felt a hand grab my arm which stopped me. In my heart, I was really hoping that it was Vince who took my arm; that he ran after me, followed me. I really wanted to see his face and explain to me when I turn my head. But, it was not him. It was Dave. And at that moment, I broke into tears.

Dave pulled me into a hug and whispered. “I know how you feel. Let me drive you home.”

On our way home, he didn’t talk about anything related to what we saw. All he said to me was, “Whatever it is, I’m going to find that out.”

The next day, I stayed inside the house and never went out. The reason is…I was waiting for Vince to come. Knowing him, he wouldn’t just let it pass like that. He’s going to explain it. But throughout the day, I didn’t hear from him. He didn’t come home. He did not even call or text.

A few seconds later, my phone beeped. Immediately, I checked who the message came from. I was really hoping it was from Vince. But the text message said:

                I really hope you thought about what I said.

                From: Justin

That text message reminded me of what he said before. And that led me to this decision – to withdraw from the engagement.

A voice woke me back to my senses. “Hey, are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

It was Justin. He was with me and we’re going back home to England – just like what he suggested. Everything was his proposal to me – the withdrawal from my engagement to Vince and to go back to England and forget about everything that happened in America.

And I guess he was right. There is no point in staying like that forever.

**********

Everyone home was surprised when I knocked at the door. And they were even more surprised when they saw Justin with me. It was Saturday afternoon when I arrived home so Mom and Dad were off from work.