ONE ▹ THE EMPIRE.

ONE:THE EMPIRE

ONE:
THE EMPIRE.

EMPIRE RECORDS was overwhelming. From the busy noises to all the hustling and bustling people that were running around. Edythe couldn't believe this is where she was working. She also couldn't believe she was actually walking in the heels Cookie had gotten for her. Her white blouse stood out against her asymmetrical black pencil skirt, and her cheetah print heels, picked out by the Queen Cheetah herself, clicked against the floor as she jogged to catch the elevator door. She held two coffees in her hands as well as Cookie's purse and fur coat. She caught her breath and sighed, waving a hand of thanks.

"Thank you," she sighed as a female looked at her as she pushed the button to the floor she needed to go onto.

"You got it?" she asked, turning her nose up. Instantly, Edythe's guard went up faster than the girl could sneeze from the dust that was going up her big nostrils.

"Yeah," she said boldly, not showing any signs of insecurity. "You got it or did you have a hard time holding the door open, honey?"

She rolls her eyes and folds her arms over her chest. Edythe wasn't faced by the girl's pettiness and she curved her lips in a smirk.

"Do you know who I am?" she finally asked.

"Nope, and quite frankly, I don't care." Edythe replied coolly. "By the way, at least my hair is natural because your weave is either so tight or so old, ya scalp is showing, boo."

The elevator dinged as Edythe walked out the elevator without another word or glance. She walked down the hall and pushed the door open with her hip, her voice an octave louder than usual. "Miss Cookie?"

"Right here, honey." Cookie came from around the corner, dressed in a black dress with a cheetah printed skirt and a long gold necklace around her throat. "Jesus, bless this child," she said, raising her hands in what Edythe had learned was an expression of gratefulness. "How was your test, E?"

"Fine, ma'am," she said, handing Cookie her coffee as she sat the woman's coat and purse down in Cookie's chair.

"You pass?" she asked, raising a brow as she sat down, crossing her leg over her knee.

"I believe so." she said, sipping from her own cup of coffee.

Just as they began to have a decent conversation, Anika walked in her nose turned up and her hand on her swollen stomach. Edythe had only been around for three months at Empire but she couldn't stand the woman Cookie always called Boo Boo Kitty. At the thought of the nickname, Edythe snickered to herself.