This is Mark//Sick (5)

Don't forget to vote for the stories you like so I know if you want more :)

I jumped up, grabbed his iPhone and called 911.

The paramedics arrived 10 minutes later and began swarming his iunconscious body. A hot pit in my chest twisted at the sight of them prodding and poking at him to try and wake him up. I felt helpless, I could do nothing but stand and watch as they lifted him onto a wheeled streatcher. My heart sunk as I realised they wanted to take him to hospital.
"He hates the hospital." My words were ignored , "He's been there too much." I tried to interrupt their hurried busying around my best friends body to no avail.
As soon as there was the smallest space around him I ran to his side and grabbed his hand. He was warm but empty, he wasn't chuckling or running about like a goof; he wasn't being Mark. He was just lying, lifeless on the stretcher, the only movement coming from his steady breathing that slightly calmed me.
"Excuse me mam, we're gonna get him to the ambulance now."
"No!" I grunted, "Why can't he stay here?"
Despite the paramedics reassurance that he would be perfectly fine, I refused to let them take him to hospital.
"Mam, we just need to do some regulation checks, nothing to worry about."
"I don't want him to wake up there." They pretended as though they understood what I was saying, as though they knew about all the times he had gone to hospital before, but I refused to listen. He was not leaving this house. If he was really as fine as they said he was then he would be perfectly safe at home with me. A second paramedic interrupted my argument with a softer voice.
"I can stay here with him, Emily." She was speaking to her colleague, "I'm not needed until 7, I can watch him." The first paramedic, Emily, seemed to mull this over for a moment.
"Fine." She agreed finally and I felt a wave at relief, my little battle won.

The others filed out of our apartment, dragging their equipment behind them and leaving me in the company of my new helper.
"Thank you." I sighed once the door closed.
"Don't worry about it, I know how upsetting it can be to wake up in a hospital." I smiled slightly, "right let's get our patient into his bed!"

Together we lugged Mark's heavy body from the floor to his room and flopped him onto his bed.
"Phew." I breathed as I lifted his arm off my shoulder.
"I just need to stay by him, check his pulse, keep his temperature low.. You said he was ill before this happened?"
"Yes, he always gets a bad throats at the worst times," I laughed, "but he works his but off still."
"I know how he feels."
"Oh," I said prompting her to elaborate. We sat down on his bed.

"I love my job too much to take a break." She sighed
"Must be pretty rewarding, helping so many people."
"Oh no, I'm not a full time paramedic. I'm just a trainee. I'm a graphic designer the rest of the time." She saw the slight worry emerge on my face and reassured me. "Oh but don't worry! They wouldn't leave me in charge if they didn't think he would be fine. Emily is just a worrier."
"Now I know the feeling! Well I did. Living with Mark, you learn there's no real point to worrying, he's gonna hurt himself some way or another" I chuckled at all the videos he had filmed that almost murdered him, "Did you know he accidentally made a dry ice bomb?"
"What?!"
"Yeh, he was carving pumpkins with his friends and thought it would be a good idea to fill the pumpkins with dry ice and then smash them with a hammer!"
"Wouldn't they explode?!"
"I think that's what he liked about the plan, haha. But he was filming it so he'd probably get arrested."
"Filming it?"
"Oh yeah," I forgot some people don't know the Internet as well as my friends and me, "He's a Youtuber. Markiplier" I copied his deep voice as I said his name before realising that she had never heard him speak so she had no idea what I was doing.

She had never heard of him so I grabbed my laptop and queued up some videos. I had to get the right types of video so that she didn't run out of here screaming, so I decided to go: sweet, funny, angry, crazy, cute.

The first video I showed her was 'Momiplier Does My Nails'. I explained that this was the most relaxed he would ever be and he was still making a video every day, plus he was ill. He definitely came across as sweet in this video, making both of as aww and giggle at the loving way he talked to his mom.

Secondly, I showed her 'Don't Laugh Challenge #5'. I told her who everyone was, Tyler, Ethan, Bob and Wade. I kept checking to see if she was laughing because I sure was, I couldn't help cracking up every time Bob spoke.

Next was the angry one. There are different types of angry Mark and I wasn't sure she would feel safe around him if she watched the octodad rage episodes so I chose a simple Mario Maker Funny Moments compilation. "Woh" She breathed but smiled still. I was glad she wasn't weirded out.

Then it was time for crazy Mark, 'Markiplier Eats 13 Habaneros + Ice Bath'. This video is crazy while still showing he's appreciative of his community.

Finally, I decided to show her the 6 million subscribers video. It's kind of a meme now that Mark cries a lot, but to someone outside of YouTube it's just a guy being so so grateful of everything he has. I heard her sniff as we watched and looked over, she wasn't crying but her eyes were definitely watery.
"So weird to see him with brown hair." She smiled
"Oh yeah, he died it pink for charity a while ago and got addicted."
"That's nice... Does he do a lot of charity work."
"Oh yeah, loads. He does a charity livestream every month.. oh! And last time he went to the UK he rained over a million with his friends."
"Wow. That's insane." She breathed
"Yeah." I smiled and looked over to Mark as he lay still on the bed. His breathing was still steady but I noticed his forehead was shiny so I reached to check his temperature.
"Jeez, he's burning up." I whispered, "I'll just get a flannel."
"I can get it!"
"No don't worry! You watch the video. Keep an eye on him."

I left the room and ran to the sink to soak a flannel in cold water but as the taps ran I thought I heard a deep voice from the other room. I turned the tap off.
"Hello Mark."

I ran back into his room and saw Mark half sitting up, staring around his room dizzily.
"What's-"
"Just lie back Mark, you fainted, your temperature's up." I smiled and he nodded, clearly feeling as though the room was spinning a million miles a minute.
"Who's she?" He grumbled and pointed at- um...

"Um, sorry I never asked-"
"Amy, I'm Amy." She grinned and took the cold flannel from my hand to place softly on Mark's head.

"Hi Amy," Mark sighed as the damp fabric cooled his hot skin, "are you my nurse?"
"Yeah, I'm here to keep an eye on you." Amy turned the flannel over.
"shut up nurse.." Mark giggled to himself quietly.
"What?"
"Mark.." I shook my head, chuckling.
"I should be editing-" Mark tried to sit up but I pushed him back down.
"Don't you dare, you're staying in bed until you're 100% better." I ordered, "I'll call Ethan round and he can edit today's video."
"Ethan's the blue one right" Amy grinned
"WHAT'S UP MY CRAAAAAAZY BOYS!" Mark hollered, deliriously before a coughing fit or regret.
"Yeh that one" I said rubbing the bridge of my nose.
Amy giggled and Mark smiled, settling down again and fall into a half sleep, whispering gibberish noises every few seconds.
"He seems really nice." Amy laughed
"He is" I smiled, "He's a really good guy."
"Rare thing." Amy looked at Mark for a moment, as his mumbles faded into a smooth sleep.

"Is he ok?" Amy looked to me, "do you think?"
"Yeah," she smiled, "He'll be completely fine in a few days."
I nodded.
BORK
I heard the sounds of claws scrapping against wood and Chica's heaven panting from behind the door.
"You have a dog!" Amy beamed...

I would keep writing but this is already so long, expect another chapter