RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 7

Ruby's POV

                My eyes twitched open as a small beam of sunlight shined down on me as I laid in bed.  Rubbing my eyes and getting to my feet, I let my teammates sleep as I grabbed my clothes and fetched a towel, walking into the bathroom to take a quick shower before school.  

                As I stood still with the water raining down on me, I couldn't stop smiling.  It was my first official day in Beacon!  And I already made some friends!  Or... at least acquaintances.  That's when Y/N popped into my mind.  He seemed so mysterious, as well as his friends.  They talked to each other like they had planned this for years, or at least they knew each other for years and saw each other as teammates.  The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to know more about him.  He seemed nice, strong, and like a good friend.  But there was something else that just lingered.  I remembered the night before when he said he wanted to read that book I had.  Why would he want such a book?  There had to be another reason other than it having cool stories in it.

                 I shook my head, deciding to think about it another time and focus on the day.  Finishing up my shower and putting on my Beacon uniform, I skipped out of the bathroom, seeing Blake and Yang getting up from their beds.

Ruby: Hey sis!  Hi Blake!

Yang: Hi Ruby.

Blake: Morning.

                 Before I could go over and wake up Weiss, I heard a quiet knock on the door.  Turning around and opening it, I was surprised to see it was Y/N inside his armor.

Ruby: Oh, hey Y/N!  What's up?

Y/N: Morning, Ruby.  I was just coming over to hand you this back.  

                  I looked down to see him handing me that book he asked if he could borrow the night in the ballroom.  Taking it in my hands, I smiled at him.

Ruby: Thanks!  You... read it already?

Y/N: Yeah.  Finished it last night.  It was a good read!

Ruby: Sweet!  But, uh... why are you wearing your armor?

Y/N: Oh.  Umm... no particular... reason.  I just feel comfortable in it, I guess.  Anyway... I must get going.  My team has a knack for sleeping in whenever they get the chance.  

Ruby: Alright, see ya!

                  He waved as he stepped away from the door, going down the hall to his own dorm.

Y/N's POV

                  I sighed as I walked away from team RWBY's dorm.  I didn't want Ruby knowing that I stayed up all night reading that book and training... it would have made her suspicious.  Opening the door to my dorm, I noticed that my team was actually awake for once.

Gonzalo: Let me guess... you thought we slept in?

Y/N: Wouldn't be the first time.  What's the time?

Matt: It's 8:00 AM.  We've got an hour until our first class.

Justin: What should we do until then?

                   There was a sudden crash in the far left corner of the room, Gonzalo, Justin, and I all turned to see Matt patting his hands as he stood in front of a mass amount of "trophies".  Heads of powerful enemies we've killed in the past nailed to an oak plate.  Our first Fallen Devil Archon... the Knight Champion we killed in the Hell Mouth on the Moon... The Vex Gate Lord we stole from some Guardian who stole it from the Reef... and the helmet of the infamous Valus Ta'aurc, the Cabal commander we killed on Mars.