Sixteen

The smile on Lestrange's face made the girl sick, you could tell she was pleased with her work.

She watched her best friend give up hope as the look on his face made the girls heart break. He didn't deserve to get expelled, this wasn't his fault as none of his creatures hurt Leta Lestrange.

She marched right up to the girl with a mission to wipe the smile right off of her face. Without thinking she raised her right hand and with full force slapped the girl across the face, she stumbled back in shock as never in her wildest dreams she thought that Mercy Langton was capable of such thing- even if it was just a hand to the face.

"Mercy Langton, what has gotten in to you?" Hagrid spoke loudly staring at the girl

"How dare you think you can get him expelled and get away with it! Your not the perfect princess everyone takes you as, your a terrible witch and you should be the one expelled!" The girl raged

She felt someone pull her back but she shoved them off of her, she looked back to see a disappointed Newt as he didn't think she was helping.

"Where has the marks gone? If you were attacked by one of Newts creatures! Or did you fake the marks because you were embarrassed that he stuck up for himself?"

"Where's the prof? Huh! Where is it?"

At this point the girl couldn't keep her mouth shut, she was sick of people like her getting away with everything. She had no right to do what she had done and get away with it.

"Your all so delusional! Do you not see what she has done? You all think she is perfect and intriguing but look what happened to Newt! He thought the same thing and now look where he's at. expelled."

"He has learned his lesson, when will you?" She yelled

She wasn't only speaking to Leta Lestrange at that point, she was so furious with the girl and the school she was now shouting at everyone.

"Miss Langton, please calm down" the giant spoke again

She was to far in, her anger was so strong towards this girl she had to get everything out before people stopped listening.

She stepped towards the girl once again and pushed her back against a wall,

"I should make your story real, shouldn't I?" She said between her gritted teeth

"Ms. Langton! Are you threatening a fellow witch?" Hagrid charged at the girl

She turned around to face a very angry giant, she knew what she had done but she did not regret any of it.

She was just sticking up for an old friend.

"I do not regret my actions, sir. I was sticking up for a fellow wizard she had tormented for many months" the girl stood up straight with her head held high

"You purposely threatened and attacked a fellow witch and you tell me that you do not regret a thing?" The giant man looked appalled by the words she spoke

"I've learned many things in my years at Hogwarts, I've learned that making friends is very hard for someone like me and I finally have made a friend and I'm not ready to let him go so easily. So, I will do everything in my power to try to get him to stay even if it's exposing a very clear lie Miss Lestrange has fed you"

"I stand by words, Mr. Hagrid, sir"

She was also shocked by her words, she had never spoken so much in one day or felt this confident in forever, she was shocking everyone- especially Newt Scamander.

"Did you also know that magical creatures are banned from Hogwarts? That's also an offence and breaking the rules!"  Hagrid took a deep breath

The headmaster slowly walking up towards the pair, Newt had slowly joined the girl as she defended his place at Hogwarts.

She slowly calmed herself down as she realized what she had gotten herself into.

"Mr. Hagrid, Professor Dumboldore, have you ever met someone who means a lot to you? That if you lost you wouldn't know what to do with yourself? I've finally have made a friend that is just like me and I hadn't been this happy in years! This boy means everything to me and I won't let him go so easily! Miss Lestrange can't take the one thing I love away from me, not this time" the girls voice became more hushed as she spoke, she even felt some tears form around her big brown eyes.

"I am surprised at your determination to keep Mr. Scamander here but he sadly will still be expelled. As for you, Miss Langton. You have purposely attacked and threatened a fellow witch and said with your own words that you have zero remorse." the man paused while looking at the two with disappointment

"Mr. Scamander and Miss Langton, you are both expelled for your actions as there is no evidence towards your case"

The girl looked at Newt, she was more disappointed in herself that she could not help her best friend here and get herself expelled in the process.

"Today's a sad day for Hogwarts, losing two students with so much passion for magic and each other" the professor shook is head as he disappeared from the room.

The two turned around and began to head for the doors, "I'm sorry" the girl spoke quietly as the boy wrapped his arm around "everything's going to be okay" he whispered as they took there last steps out of the grand hall.

"Everything is going to be okay"

Those words played over and over in the girls head, she had no family to return to now that she had gotten herself expelled. Newt was really the only person that would come any close to being family, what was she going to do?

Was everything going to be okay?