Chapter Four

Thank you Fishyccpr for the beautiful cover!!

Chapter Four

Friday goes by way smoother than yesterday, and I'm glad because it's the last official class of the semester and I really didn't want anything bringing me down today.

Casey and I are doing our usual when Pretty Boy walks in. That's what Casey has started calling him in fear of if she says his name too much he might appear out of nowhere.

Since I have control of the pen, I write down a new way to spell his name wrong that I thought of while in class earlier today. After writing it down, I mentally pat myself on the back for it. Casey notices and she sends me a quick glare as she gets his change out of the register. When she goes to make his drink, I boredly sit there and wait for her to finish so we can continue discussing our weekend plans.

When she does, he leaves and she slaps my arm from across the counter.

"Ow!" I exclaimed while rubbing the area.

"You can't just go around spelling hot guys' names wrong, Al!" she practically yelled, sparing me no sympathy.

"Why not? It's fun," I defend, still cradling my arm.

"His name isn't Brinden, it's Brendan, B-R-E-N-D-A-N. You're a grad student, you'd think you would know how to spell."

I roll my eyes and laugh, amused by how seriously she's taking this.

"They both sound the same to me." That comment earns me another hard punch to my arm.

When her shift ends, we head back to the apartment to find Jordyn on the couch with a bowl full of spaghetti. Casey and I rush to the kitchen to get some and she nearly kills me along the way. I glare at the back of her head as I wait for her to finish filling up her bowl. Once she's done, I follow suit and find my way to the couch next to Jordyn and begin eating while she channel surfs.

The three of us eat in silence and when we're finished, I load the dishwasher and head to the bathroom. When I go back into the living room I see Casey and Jordyn in the kitchen with several bottles of alcohol and margarita mix. Jordyn pulls out the blender and they set everything up while I watch them in shock.

I literally just did the dishes...

They proceed to make the margaritas and all is forgiven when they pour me one and I take a sip. Casey makes the best margaritas.

Jordyn, drink in hand, connects her phone to the tv and begins playing music. We all dance and drink for a while before deciding to watch rom-coms.

It's basically the three of us yelling at the people on tv to not do stupid stuff with their love lives, but they end up doing it anyways and it leads to even more yelling.

If these people just listened to us for once, they wouldn't be doing the stupid shit they're doing and then their hearts wouldn't be broken.

Shows them.