Chapter 25: Found her

Keith's P.O.V

An hour at this ball had passed and I was bored out of my wits. Noel was happily courting young girls to dance with him. Normally, I would do the same but I don't know why, I just didn't feel like it.

I kept talking to businessmen who were willing to sell some shares and my uncle who was a movie producer. I've already had enough to drink. I was about to leave when I heard...
"Ms. Williams or should I say, Mrs Kirst looks wonderful tonight."

"Who was that young man she was with. It didn't look like her husband."

Two men who were slightly older than me were talking about her not knowing I was standing right there. A train of thoughts rushed through my mind, what do they mean she 'looks wonderful tonight'? Is she here? My eyes swiftly analysed the crowd for any sign of her. She wasn't here. She was with another man, they said. How could that bitch ditch me for some loser? Anger rushed through me. I gave up trying to spot her. I went close to the fountain in front of the stairs, where Noel stood.

"She's here." I said coldly.

"Jessy?"

"No! Sarah."

"Where?" He asked curiously.

"I don't know, man."

I turned away from the stairs and looked at the crowd once more. I had no luck. If I could get a hold of her and find out who all she has told about me hitting her then I can settle the matter and sleep in peace. I was about to tell Noel that I was gonna head home as I'm sure Sarah would have left and this ball was boring too but he was ogling at something behind me, in fact everyone were. I turned to see what they were all looking at. It was her... Sarah. The spotlight that was previously on the couples who were dancing was now on her. She looked beautiful.
'Wow', I thought for a second.

Everyone was murmuring softly as she came walking down. Her dress was beautiful. Her blue eyes were captivating. I looked at them and she met my gaze and that was enough to make my breath hitch. She held her hand out, I walked closer about to take it just then, someone intervened. A guy slightly shorter than me with black hair. I've never seen him before. Was he the one she was with? I clenched my teeth to control my temper. I was clearly pissed. I could feel it. I didn't know why though. It's not like I needed her anyway. Maybe, it's because I hate someone else taking what's mine. Just like my past. When Alex took Jessy. I was tired of giving up what's mine.

Noel stood by my side and said, "I guess she found a replacement." Honestly, Noel was my best friend and all but when he says things like that I feel like punching the living shits out of him.

"Of course she would, if you didn't make her want to stay." Jacob's voice came from behind me. He was back from his honeymoon. I've lost track of time. I gave him a bro shake. I was closer with Jacob than Noel. I was glad he was back. I missed him. Especially, when I decided to forget my love for Jessy. It was tough.

"So, how's your married life, bro?" Noel asked with sarcasm evident in his voice. He thinks all marriages are shitty as his was. That guy had deep issues.

"It's great." Jacob replied not aware of the sarcasm in Noel's question or maybe just ignoring it. "Claire's pregnant."

Noel choked on his drink and I gaped. That soon? I composed myself and said, "Congrats, man."

"Thanks, Keith."

I didn't even know why I was congratulating him. Kids are scary. They yank your hair out. I sure didn't want to have any.

Jacob sighed in relief. "I guess I'm here for the fun part," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

He beckoned at Sarah and her partner. "You think she'll report you?" Jake asked me.

"Of course she will." Noel piped in.

I glared at him. "I don't know."

I narrowed my eyes at them. That guy's hand was now around her waist and she was smiling. It made my blood boil. "She's never smiled at me like that." I accidentally said out loud.

"You never gave her a reason to smile, Keith." Jake said truthfully.

"I don't care who she dances or sleeps with as long as she keeps her mouth shut about what I did."

Jacob looked lost. Nice try, Jake. He was trying to guilt trip me with the 'never gave her a reason to smile' thing. I wasn't letting my guard down. It was still perfectly in place. Was it? I remembered how I reacted when I saw her in that dress. I shook that thought away. I walked over to a slim model like girl. I hated these kind of girls who ate just to puke. She was too thin. Everyone else would think she was pretty and that was enough. I asked for her hand to dance and she happily gave it. Did I mention that almost all the bachelorettes at this party were flirting shamelessly with me as they discovered my wife didn't come with me? Well, they were. I slowly swayed with her for a couple of minutes for the slow song. I could see her looking at me from the corner of my eye. And then... she was laughing at something that asshole said to her. This isn't working. I excused myself from the girl I was dancing with and I walked over to them. Sarah almost froze as she saw me. Good. I still had the upper hand.

"Mind if I cut in?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"Sure." Good choice of words. Your jaw shall not be bruised after all, I thought.

I slipped my hand around her waist and pulled her close to me that I could fell the warmth of her body. I leaned close to her and I felt her soft breaths on my lips. It was really tempting to repeat the car park incident, my eyes flickered to her lips. They were pink and they looked soft just as how they felt. Her cheeks were red. She was blushing. I internally smirked. I whispered, "Hello, Sarah. Miss me?"

Author's note: hey guys!!!!! Almost a kiss again!!!!! Do you like this chapter? Jacob is back. I surely like him more than Noel. Do you? He's the sensible friend of Keith's who is on Sarah's side.... Sorry the update took a while. I enjoyed writing this chapter.

Keith's reaction after seeing her is important hence this chapter. Thanks for the support people. And all the votes and comments. Please keep commenting what you think and don't forget to give me a precious vote.