Chapter 5~

POV: Claudia 

It's been three days since I last spied on Caden. The rumors continue to spread throughout the castle grounds. Each time I hear one I crave to stab the woman it's pertaining to. Does she believe once I go into heat and Caden finds me that he will forsake me? I've heard of it happening a few times and that's because the females choose not to wait and became pregnant. The males had no choice than to reject their soul mates.

I've heard it's a heart wrenching experience, one I do not intend to encounter. Yes, I'm disappointed in Caden's behavior, yes I have forgiven him for the flogging. He was a young boy after all and figured other men did it to their mates.

I decided a few years back I wouldn't confront him unless he wrote me back or ending his sleeping around business. Neither have transpired.

Pushing my cart inside his room, I let the door thud shut. Gasping, I quickly try to run out of the room.

"Do not fret, I won't be long." His words wrap warmth around my heart. Why is he here? He never sleeps in his own bed!

Bowing my head I keep my eyes downcast. One look into my eyes and all would be over. Not that in four days it wouldn't be. For an unknown reason I crave the thought he might actually want me for me. If he realizes I'm his mate this instant, I will surely be sent to the dungeons. At least with Nik I will have the chance to escape and live a happy life with him, away from the castle.

"From now on you will spend extra time in this room. I want fresh flowers to grace several surfaces to add color and fragrance. Move my clothes to one side of my closet, keeping the opposite side clear of all items. Bring in...purple towels for my bathroom. My en suite needs a feminine touch. If you're not capable of performing this task inform me now as ill retrieve another to take your place."

Staying quite gives him my answer. I'll prepare his room for his future Queen. Apparently I've been kicked to the curb. The rumors are no longer rumors.

Holding back my tears, I force my body to stand up straight. In the past I loved the fact I didn't carry a scent, now I'm regretting it. Maybe if he smelt it he would change his mind. Would I want that though? For him to change his mind only because of the mate bond? He has decided he wants Jessica, not me.

Yes, deep down I want him to crave me as I crave him. To have eyes for me only. Will it happen? Apparently not.

"Good. I will be staying in this room permanently. My guest rooms will need to be touched up once a week to be kept in good condition in case they need to be used. Remember this room has to be kept in perfect condition for not only me, but my future Queen."

Nodding my head, I grab a piece of paper to write down all his requirements.

"Good. From now on you may come after eight o'clock. Once my princess joins the room, do not enter unless you know for sure we do not occupy the room. I will not have a mere servant frightening my mate." Storming out of the room, he slams the door shut making me squeak out in fright.

His angry words hurt me. As if a servant is below him in all regards. Annabelle howls inside of me for the first time in days.

"Do you believe me now, Annabelle? He loathes servants." I snap at my wolf. She has been against my hiding from the beginning. Demanding I show myself moments after I ran from him. It's a never ending circle with her.

"Is that what you got out of his words? That he hates servants? You're absurd Claudia."  Ignoring her reprimand, I push my cleaning cart into the bathroom.

"He growled at me when he spoke of interrupting him and his new princess." Spitting the word out felt atrocious.

"Why do you think he would be angry Claudia?" She questions with curiosity.