A Jinchūriki's Childhood

"It's her." A woman said in a bitter tone.

"Who?" Another woman asked.

"That demon child." The first woman said as she narrowed her eyes at a four year old girl who was sitting on a park bench reading a book. The girl had short yellow blonde hair, blue sapphire eyes, and whisker marks on both sides of her cheeks.

"Why does the Hokage keep her alive? She's not wanted here." Another woman said, bitterly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome could easily hear what the village women were saying about her. It was a daily occurrence. The reason why they call her a 'demon child' was because she's the vessel of the nine-tailed kitsune inside of her. The people think that she doesn't know about it, but she already knew. She figured it out when she heard one of the villagers talk at a pub. There was nothing that she could do about it. She couldn't change the past. Funny enough, she was able to change the feudal era. But this wasn't the feudal era.

Kagome had trained every day and studied on every book or scroll about shinobi affairs. She was intelligent for her age. Unfortunately, her knowledge of math was still hard to understand to her state of mind. She had top grades in the class and was quite skilled in ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu. She was tied with Sasuke Uchiha. You could say that she was his rival and the only girl who wasn't fawning over him. Unfortunately, no one knew about how intelligent she really was. She was even able to perform the Hiraishin jutsu, which belonged to her father, Minato Namikaze who was known as the Yondaime Hokage. She knew that he had died the day she was born, sealing the nine tailed kitsune inside of her. She just wished that she had known her parents.

How she got the jutsu was because she found it while exploring in the woods after she was being chased by the civilian boys. After she had finally lost them, she sensed chakra nearby. The funny thing about it was that it nearly felt similar to hers but a little bit different as well. Then she came to a beautiful oak tree and sensed the chakra coming from the base of the tree. So she dug and came across a small flat chest with an Uzumaki symbol engraved on it. She opened the box and found a three pronged kunai with a special seal on it. She took the kunai home and researched it. She soon discovered that it was the Hiraishin jutsu, which was the Yondaime Hokage's signature jutsu.

The days at the ninja academy are quite interesting. She knew that some of the kids would steal her lunch, so she decided to play a prank on them every time they took her lunch. She didn't do anything when they took her lunch the first two times. But the second time, she put lax in all of her lunch. When the boys ate everything, they got constipation for the rest of the afternoon. The third time, she put spices in her lunch. When Sasuke's fan girls ate it, they screamed for water and it took hours until they were able to gain their taste buds back. As they always say: revenge can be so sweet.

When the civilian kids began to beat her up, those were her worst days. When she was only three years old, they beat her up so bad that she had to go to the hospital. She was glad that Iruka-sensei had found her. She knew that she couldn't fight against civilians. So she did the next best thing: pranked them. One time, she threw balls that had pollen in them. A swarm of bees chased them throughout the village until they could no longer run. They had a lot of bee stings on their bodies. As they always say: paybacks are a b****. She could never stop laughing after that.

But there were some people who didn't mind her of being a jinchūriki. There was Iruka-sensei at the ninja academy. He was always concerned about her not having any friends. He was like a mother-hen, which the other shinobi made fun of him because of that trait. But she was able to befriend Sasuke Uchiha, the younger brother of the prodigy, Itachi Uchiha. Let's just say many of the females of the class despised her for their friendship. She also befriended Ryouta Hyuuga from the Hyuuga family's main branch. The two males were able to get along to some extend, only when Kagome was around. They were there for each other during hard times. When they heard about the Uchiha massacre, they quickly went after Sasuke when they saw him run towards the Uchiha district. They soon found him in the room where his parents were murdered. Kagome and Ryouta wrapped their arms around Sasuke as he cried his eyes out. Also when Ryouta's uncle was killed as well. Ryouta took his death hard. He became withdrawn for awhile. Kagome was surprised that he lived in the apartment next to hers two weeks later. She had found out that he decided to leave the main branch for awhile. Kagome figured that he hated his father for his cold treatment of him.

There is another adult who cared for Kagome. Her name was Mao and she worked at the Konoha hospital. She would always help Kagome heal her worst wounds. She started opening up to Kagome when Iruka brought her in her beat up form. Mao must have pitied her when she saw her all beat up. To repay her kindness, Kagome would often tell her of medicines that can be used for all of the sick patients.

The owner and his daughter at Ichiraku's ramen shop. She went to that ramen shop whenever she wasn't in the mood to cook or wanted to have a nice bowl of ramen. They would always encourage her when she felt down and they would always listen to her about the pranks she pulled on the students. Ichiraku was like an uncle to her who makes great ramen to cheer her up when things go downhill. His daughter was like an older sister to her as well.

Kagome's landlord, Yasuo. He was not very kind to her the first day they met. There was this one time when she caught a cold and her mind was too fuzzy so she couldn't move. If Yasuo hadn't decide to check on her, she would have died. He kindly took care of her as she recovered from her cold. Somehow, he opened up to her after that.

Minori at the grocery shop is another person who cared for her. Hardly anyone visits her store for anything since an even bigger store opened up one street down from hers. Kagome became her first frequent customer. She helped provide Kagome with food and clothing and anything she might need. To return her kindness, she would invite Minori over for dinner on some nights and would help her set up the store before leaving anywhere.

The Nara family and the Inuzuka family. She first visited the Naras when Shikamaru skipped out and forgot his homework. When Shikamaru mentioned shogi, she had asked him if she could play. He told her that he just finished a game with his dad. Then she asked him if she could play against his dad and he let her. She managed to beat his father. He was surprised that she was able to beat him. He started to respect her. He would invite her over sometimes just to play a game. Kiba's family were surprised on how Akamaru wasn't afraid of her. Somehow he easily got attached to her the moment he saw her. Perhaps it was Kagome's fondness with canines that really got Akamaru to get attached to her. The Inuzuka family let her have one of the runts that escaped from the compound she had named him Aki, a faithful follower.

The Hokage was the one who cared about her the most. To her, he was like a grandfather. He would always ruffle her hair when he left to his Hokage duties after he came over for dinner at her apartment with Mao, Yasuo, Ryouta, Minori, and Iruka. She was his private medic when he needed her.

The stray cats and dogs of Konoha were friends as well. She would always feed them her left overs. In return they would always protect her from the civilian kids who tried to hurt her. Some almost attacked them as well. All they did was growl and walk closer to the kids until they ran. Then the dogs would chase the kids down the streets. Kagome also trained them to be her ninken and ninneko. She was also glad that Kirara was with her as well. Somehow, Midoriko knew that Kagome would be lonely in the shinobi world, so she must have sent Kirara to keep her company.

What no one knew was that she was able to tame the nine tails inside of her. At first it was hard for him to trust her. After all, he was still angry at her father for sealing him inside of her. But after a few encounters, they were able to get along to some extend. She would often talk to him about the pranks she pulled on the academy students and strangely enough, he chuckled at it. She would also ask him for advice on some things. To her point of view, Kyuubi was like a father to her.

So her childhood wasn't so rough like she thought it would be. Although there are some who despised her for the nine tailed kitsune inside of her. So she ignore them, which irritated them. She knew that most just wanted to see her in pain for their own enjoyment. It was like they were taking their own frustrations on her. She knew that beating her up won't bring their loved ones back. But she knew that someday, everyone in the village will accept her for who she is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your emotional life is not written in cement during childhood. You write each chapter as you go along.

- Harry Stack Sullivan