Chapter 19 The Truth

Ok, I overreacted a bit. I shouldn't have slapped her for no reason, but to be honest she kinda gave me a reason and that was her cattiness.

She held onto the side of her face tightly as though if she moved her hand her skin would rip to shreds and fall of. Her eyes had increased in size looking like the 'flying saucer' sweets I used to eat as a child.

"Lana why the hell did you do that?" Jass asked desperation clear in his voice. He stood up from the sofa and came and stood beside me.

My mum still hadn't moved from her position, I think she was beyond surprised that I actually had the courage to slap her.

I turned around to look at her and saw small tears twinkling in the corner of her eye making me instantly feel really guilty. Klara was stood in the living room door way frozen and not knowing what to do next.

The silence was killing me with every second that passed and I was hoping that my mum would just start yelling at me or to be honest anything that would stop this awkward killer silence.

Finally my mum spoke, but what came out her mouth next made me feel even more spiteful and I was glad I had slapped her.

"This is all you fault you filthy maid" she spat as Klara looked away and began to retreat from the living room.

"And you" she pointed her shriveled up finger at me as it shook unstoppably.

"I have done nothing but be nice to you since I came here!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, her eyes were glued on me.

"But what did you do in return? Slap me for a filthy maid!" she screeched making guilt seer through me. I felt butterflies grow in my stomach as I wanted to take back my actions.

"This is why I don't trust you mum! This is the reason I share everything with Klara, Jass and Alex" I yelled the spite clear in my voice.

"Oh Alex really?" her tone sounded evil as though she knew something I didn't.

"Yes" I said sticking to my word. I trust Alexis, she's been my best friend since childhood and even though we've had our ups and downs at the end of the day she's my best friend.

My mum raised her eyebrows judging me as she gave of a sly smile.

"The same Alexis that knew your mate was cheating on you but didn't tell you?" she asked her tone quizzical.

My heart skipped a beat as I processed her words. Alexis didn't know because if she did then I know she definitely would have told me. But then again my mum didn't lie about Trent cheating on me either.

"How do you know? What evidence do you have?" I asked my hands clenched to the side. She was really testing my patience like she always does.

I turned to Jason who was shaking his head almost internally telling me to back down.

Back down Lana who cares, what's happened has happened just leave it alone. He spoke to my thoughts.

Why should I? what has she ever done for me and you. I replied.

When he didn't say anything back I took this silence to my advantage.

Exactly she's done nothing for us and doesn't give a damn about our lives. I replied through our thoughts as I looked away from him.

"So?" I asked my mum, as she didn't reply, she stood there dumb founded her mouth was agape.

"You don't want to know!" she replied venom clear in her voice as she also clenched her fists to the side, I looked into her dull lifeless brown eyes as they stared back into my green ones.

"You wouldn't be able to take the fact, that your so called 'best friend' isn't as good as you thought she was" she yelled.

"Well I've been through more than you think in the last month in a half, I'm sure I can endure a petty little fact about Alexis" I spat back as her eyes continued to dig into me.

I was feeling scared and my hands began to tremble while they were curled up into a fist. What could Alex have possibly done? Did she really know that Trent was cheating on me?

"If you say so" my mum said as she began to walk around me in circles.

It almost felt as though I was stuck in some dramatic movie scene where the hero is trapped by the villain. She continued to twirl around me as I felt smaller and smaller with each step she took.

"Your so called best friend Alexis was the one who told me your mate was cheating on you." she laughed but there was no trace of humor in her voice.

I stood there dumb founded.

"No she didn't!" I yelled in disbelief as my mum stopped circling me and stood directly in front of me.

"So you think I would travel all the way from the other side of town just to go to that specific mall" her eyes bore into mine as she laughed again.

"Come on honey" she spoke to my dad ushering him towards her.

"I think it's time to go" she grabbed her bags as dad followed her like a lap dog, slamming the house door behind her.

I ran up the stairs dialing Alex's number and putting the phone to my ear.

She picked up sounding exasperated.

"Lana, Drakes critical you stupid dumbass mate did this to him" I sat shocked as I stared down at my phone.

She told me the hospital address and ward number as I sat quietly on the other side of the phone not uttering a word.

"Lana I have to switch of the phone now see you in a bit" and with that she cut of the phone as my stunned silence echoed in the air.

I grabbed my coat, I was getting to the bottom of this Alexis thing even if its the last thing I do!

------

Unedited!!

Check out my other story:

Blind Dating The School Bad Boy

(It's my first teen fiction novel)

Thanks :) ❤