Chapter 10

"Raven! Wake up!" My uncle shouts as the door bangs open. I open my eyes though from the effort it takes, it would definitely be easier to stay asleep and comfortable in bed. I can hear his footsteps on the wooden floor as he makes his way over to the windows where he forcefully pulls open the curtains. I groan and role over as the sunlight, despite my eyes being screwed shut, blinds me. "Come on you lazy pig, get up"
"Rude" I retort, sitting upright and yawning.
"Come on, if you're quick you can get in the shower before the boys whilst they're still practicing. Half an hour till breakfast and I expect you too have showered and be dressed by then. The boys are practicing for another ten minutes then they'll be done so hurry up if you want to get in there" he tells me before walking out the door, swiftly turning back as though he's just remembered something important. "Oh, and if you're late, you do the washing up from dinner tonight"

I sigh, willing my legs to move. It's almost comical the way in which I flop to the side, rolling onto the floor before using the bed side table to hoist myself up. I must admit, I'm not always the most gracious. I grab my towel which is hanging on one of the rails in my closet though I doubt that's where it's meant to be - I just don't trust the boys not to use it. I also grab my pants and a bra since I'm not willing to wander round in just a towel after my shower with the risk of boys. I will, of course, also have my pyjamas.

I enter the bathroom, locking the door behind me although I know for a fact that Renjun and Chenle always check before opening the door since I'm living with them - they're the only other two that use this bathroom since it's the closest for Chenle and the one in opposite I whilst renjun's room is the last one on the right side of the corridor, running the length of the bathroom and Chenle's room. It's a long room and quite narrow in comparison to my room which is of the same length. There are dark grey tiles on the wall with a lighter shade of grey tiles covering the floor. In the back, covering the entirety of the back wall is an almost cubicle, with a low partition on the floor and a large glass door. Beside it, in between two small walls is the toilet with a long bath on the other side if the wall closest to the door. In honesty, it's rather nice, if a little bright due to the LED's - there are no windows for natural.

I step into the shower, my shampoo and conditioner already there from the last time I used it. The hot and powerful jets of water cover my body, almost giving me a massage. It takes me around fifteen minutes to be done and towelled off, putting my underwear on before adding my pyjamas on top. I'm towelling my hair as I walk out, virtually side stepping into my room.

My uniform is ready and waiting on the back of my desk chair so it's simple for me to sort myself out. It's not like I have to ferret through a whole ton of drawers and clothes hangers. It's a shirt with a red and black tartan skirt and black baggy jumper to pull over the top alongside black tights. I also always wear shorts underneath my skirt since I just feel more at ease. Luckily, as well, the girls don't have to wear ties so there's  I faffing around with them. I can't tie them.

In ten minutes, I'm ready and passing through the corridor and onto the landing so that I head down the stairs. When I checked the time on my clock before leaving my room, it read 7:30 which is later than I used to get up at. Normally I'd wake up at 6:15. However, since so much has happened since the last time I went to school before the holidays, it seems only fitting that even the time I get up would also change.

I'm the first to arrive, helping myself to my own box of cereal I bought last week. I don't let anyone else touch it otherwise it'd be gone in two days. At least I can make it last over a week. Manager Kim is in the kitchen alongside me, frying up a cooked breakfast for Manager Lee and my uncle who have yet to appear. Like Chenle did on my first morning, I head to the island in the middle of the kitchen but instead of sitting on one of the stalls, I sit on the counter top and rest my feet on the stall.