Family Dinner and An Invitation

omg so much anxiety going into this chapter. good anxiety tho so don't worry

~Alex

It has been a couple months since then. Everyone was getting along, Neville finally asked Luna on a proper date, and Harry finally asked Draco to become his boyfriend. Everyone knew Hermione and Ron were together in some way, but he hadn't asked her properly to become his girlfriend. Ron was finally allowed to change his hair back to normal. Everyone was currently on the train ride home for Christmas Break.

Harry, Draco, Hermione, and Ron all shared a compartment, while Dean, Seamus, Neville, and Luna shared one. Hermione and Ron sat on one side while Draco and Harry sat on the other.

"Harry. You really need to tell mum about Draco." Ron commented. Hermione nodded her head.

"She should really know, Harry. You can't hide it from her for long." Hermione added. Draco nodded in agreement.

"I already told my mother, and she's thrilled. Maybe the Weasleys could come over for Christmas Eve dinner. My mother has been doing some remodeling, and the manor is a lot more friendly." Draco said. Harry thought, and turned to Ron.

"Did Molly and Arthur read the article Rita Skeeter wrote?" Harry asked Ron. Ron shook his head.

"No. Mum hasn't been getting any newspapers since we rebuilt the house, and dad gave up his paper for me. We only had enough money for two papers, so they gave em' to me and Ginny when the school year started." Ron answered. Harry sighed.

"That's good. I wanted to tell them so they don't find out through the paper." Harry said. He leaned his head on Draco's shoulder. "How am I going to tell them? Lucius did some terrible things to them, and I don't know if they would accept this." Harry said motioning between them both.

"It doesn't matter what happened before, you need to tell her. I won't go on dating you if you don't tell her this break." Draco said. Harry nodded.

"If it's okay with Narcissa, I could ask the Weasleys to come over." Harry reasoned.

"Mother is fine with it. She was the one who suggested it in the first place." Draco assured him.

The four spent the rest of the ride talking, and eating sweets from the Trolley.

The train stopped and everyone exited to floo back home. The Weasleys decided to let Ron, Ginny, and Harry floo home themselves since there wasn't any dangers surrounding them. Draco met with his mother, and they both dissaperated back home. The three walked into the public floo, and got home in seconds.

"We're home!" Ginny announced. Everyone carried their luggage out of the floo. Molly came out of the kitchen to greet them.

"I haven't seen you for so long, come here." She smiled happily. The three joined her in one big hug.

"It's great to be back Molly." Harry said happily. They levitated their bags up the stairs, and into their rooms. Harry brought his luggage into their room, and Ron followed after.

"So when are you going to tell them?" Ron asked as they unpacked.

"I think I'll tell them tonight during dinner. That way everyone is all together, and I can explain." Harry said nervously. The two finished packing, and greeted the other's downstairs. Arthur came back from work, and greeted everyone. Molly was starting dinner, when Harry poked his head around the door.