MACUSA

Tina's POV

I spotted Newt and Jacob wrangling the Erumpent back into the case. I hid behind the bridge and waited for their next moves. I had followed them from the apartment.

Queenie and Jeanne had opted to stay home. I told them I was going to look for where had Newt and Jacob had gone to.

Jeanne seemed worried they'd been arrested. I reassured her then went on my way.

When I had gotten to the park, there were zoo animals roaming about. I knew they'd come through here.

Newt and Jacob entered the case under the frozen bridge. I waited until the latches flipped shut before I slid out onto the ice and sat on top of the case.

"Should I?" I wondered quietly aloud. Finally, picking up the case, I ran. Well, more like slid across the ice towards the direction of MACUSA. I had no idea what they'd be doing this late at night, but I had to turn in Newt and the No-Maj.

I ran through the lobby and up the steps. I opened the pentagram office's doors with a loud creak. A hundred heads turned in my direction. A hologram image of Senator Shaw's dead and twisted body was floating high above the room, emitting a glowing light.

"Madam President," I started. "I'm so sorry to interrupt, but this is critical-" I stopped. There was an eerie, echoing silence. I halted in the center of the room as I realized what I had just walked into . . .

"You better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion, Miss Goldstein," said Madam Picquery.

"Yes, I do," I said

"Yes, I do," I said. "Ma'am. Yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case. This case full of magical creatures, and unfortunately some have escaped."

"He arrived here yesterday?" asked Madam Picquery. "You have known for twenty-four hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York and you only see it to tell us when a man has been killed?"

"Who has been killed?" I asked in disbelief.

"Where is this man?" she asked.

I set the case flat on the floor and knocked on the lid

I set the case flat on the floor and knocked on the lid. After a second or two, it creaked open. Newt emerged from the case, then Jacob, looking sheepish and nervous.

Newt's POV

"Scamander?" asked a British envoy.

"Oh-er-hello, Minister," I said, closing my case.

"Theseus Scamander?" someone asked. "The war hero?"
"No his little brother," answered the British envoy. "And what in the name of Merlin are you doing in New York?"

"I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein, sir," I said.

"Right," said the envoy suspiciously. "What are you really doing here?"

"Goldstein-" started Madam Picquery. "And who is this?" she asked, referring to Jacob.

"This is Jacob Kowalski, Madam President," said Tina. "He's a No-Maj who got bitten by one of Mr. Scamander's creatures."
The MACUSA employees and dignitaries gave a furious reaction all around.

I was absorbed in the image of the Senator Shaw's body floating around the room. "Merlin's beard," I said quietly.

"You know which one of your creatures was responsible, Mr. Scamander?" asked Madam Ya Zhou.

"No creature did this . . ." I started. "Don't pretend! You must know what that was; look at the marks . . . That was an Obscurus."

There was a mass of muttering and exclamations that echoed around the room. The man who stood in the corner of the room: Graves, looked alert.

"You've gone too far, Mr

"You've gone too far, Mr. Scamander!" Madam Picquery exclaimed. "There is no Obscurial in America. Impound that case, Graves!"

Graves summoned my case and it landed next to him. I drew my wand. "No . . ." I warned. "Give that b-!"

"Arrest them!" shouted Madam Picquery.

A dazzling eruption of spells shot towards us. They cause Jacob, Tina, and I to be slammed to our knees. My wand flew out of my hand and into Graves'. He picked up my case.

"No, no!" I protested

"No, no!" I protested. I struggled against my invisible, magical restraints.  "Don't hurt those creatures! Please, you don't understand, nothing in there is dangerous, nothing!"

"We'll be the judges of that!" said Madam Picquery. "Take them to the cells!"

I was screaming, now desperate. "Don't hurt those creatures! There is nothing in there that is dangerous. Please don't hurt my creatures! They are not dangerous . . . Please, they are not dangerous!" And with that, we were dragged away.