Playlist/Author's Note

First of all, shoutout to MellarkLegacy for making me an amazing cover!💕 This fanfiction is based on both the T.V. show Shadowhunters and The Mortal Instruments series. The character descriptions will be based on the book series, as will a few other mentioned things. But don't worry! You can totally enjoy this story without having read the book series because it's an A.U. :) (and anyways, who doesn't love malec?).

And now, onto the playlist. The songs will be one every chapter, and they'll be posted on every chapter, but right here is the compilation of them all so far! :)

i. Intro- The xx (no words, but I absolutely adore this song, and it's basically like this books anthem, if you get what I mean)

ii.  Transpose- Bad Suns "and I can't stop even if i wanted to // up top, maybe i'm just simply deluded"

iii. Bittersweet - Panic! At the Disco "i'm not a betting man, but this is a sure thing"

iv. Lonely Boy- The Black Keys "but i came to love you, and i want to flee // any old time you keep me waiting"

v. Float On- Modest Mouse "and we'll all float on, alright?"

vi. Avalanche- Walk the Moon "one glance and the avalanche drops, one looks and my heartbeat stops"

vii. Shake Me Down- Cage the Elephant "taste the blood, broken dreams // lonely times indeed"

viii. Sleep Alone- Two Door Cinema Club "one last chance to make sense of what has long escaped us"

ix. Stare- WILLA "i love the way that you look at me, i love the way that you stare"

x. Sound- The 1975 "well, i know when you're around 'cause i know the sound, i know the sound of your heart"

xi. Out of My League- Fitz & The Tantrums "you were out of my league, all the things I believe // you were just the right kind, yeah, you were more than just a dream"

xii. Drunk- Ed Sheeran "i wanna be drunk when i wake up, on the right side of the wrong bed"

xiii. Staying Up- The Neighbourhood "how can i sleep if i don't have dreams? i just have nightmares"

xiv. This Town- Niall Horan "everything comes back to you"

xv. Someday- The Strokes "you say you wanna stay by my side, darlin' your head's not right"

xvi. Daddy Issues- The Neighbourhood "take you like a drug, i taste you on my tongue"

xvii. I Wanna Be Free- Panic! At the Disco "I wanna be free, I wanna be loved"

xviii. Bleeding Out- Imagine Dragons "so i bare my skin and i count my sins and i close my eyes and i take it in"

xix. i hate u, i love u- gnash "i hate you, i love you / i hate that i want you"

xx. Life Support- Sam Smith "Can't you see that I am yours? / so will you be my life support?"

xxi. Come Home- OneRepublic "the fight for you is all i've ever known"

xxii. I Miss You- Blink-182 "will you come home and stop this pain tonight?"

xxiii. Don't You Cry For Me- Cobi "dark in the eyes // try and face the world but i can't bear to"

xxiv. Low Life- X Ambassadors "now please tell me that i'm broke // it's just easier that way, 'cause i just let you down"

xxv. I'll Be Good- Jaymes Young "i'll be good, i'll be good // love the world like i should"

xxvi. Hold Back the River- James Bay "hold back the river, let me look in your eyes // hold back the river, so i can stop for a minute and be by your side // hold back the river, hold back"