34| first task

"I knew you wouldn't die, Harry!"

Y/N POV

I told Hermione to go check on Harry. I would myself, but I was sternly instructed by Draco that I can't be with him all the time. I had to sit with him today. Can't argue with the contract.

"You're attention, please! This is a great day for all of us. Each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger. Please keep your seats as all times. This will minimize any risks you may be exposed to...." Dumbledore continued.

I stopped listening after that. All I could think about was Harry and Cedric. More Harry, because I know how strong Cedric is. Harry wasn't ready for any of this.

"Y/n!" Draco yelled.

"Coming." I said, taking a seat next to him.

"I hope Viktor wins! He's- what's up with you?" Draco asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"Wow, okay." He said.

"What?!" I spat.

"Jeez! Why are you so stressed out?" Draco asked.

"Because my best friend could die today and you didn't even let me say good luck. Also, you were such a jerk yesterday! You made a bet with your father? That's not cool, Malfoy." I said, purposely calling him by his last name.

Malfoy rolled his eyes.

"Screw the contract I'm going to sit with MY friends. You're not my friend. Because my friends earn my respect." I said, leaving him speechless.

I made my way over by Hermione and Ron.

"I though you were going to sit with Malfoy?" Ron asked.

"He was being a douche. I'd rather not talk about it." I said.

"Harry is okay, by the way." Hermione said.

"That's good." I said.

───────────────

Viktor just finished, which means Harry is up next. Man, I was nervous.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons, and so each one of them will proceed to the next task." Dumbledore said.

I took a deep breath in.

"And now our forth and final contestant." He said.

"Harry! Harry! Harry!" The various voices cheered.

Harry walked out slowly, looking up.

We all clapped, then came silence.

Harry spotted the egg, came a few inches out of the cave...and *BAM*.

He was nearly hit by the dragons tail, and was knocked over. The dragon then breathed fire, but Harry dodged it.

"Your wand, Harry! Your wand!" Hermione yelled.

"Accio Firebolt!" Harry yelled.

Nothing happened.

Harry ran and hid behind a large rock, the dragon following.

Something was in the sky. It was his broomstick!

Harry looked over, relieved. He then realized that the dragon was still there. He quickly hid behind the rock, just before the dragon spit out fire.

Harry then quickly hopped on his broomstick and flew out. He decent down to the egg, but the dragon shot fire quickly. Harry pulled up just in time.

He then flew above the stadium. The dragon broke the chain and flew through the teacher section.

"Yeah! Well done dragon!" Fred yelled.

I could hear multiple students cheer for the dragon. I wish I could be in a state of mind where I could laugh, but I couldn't. I was too worried.

───────────────

It's been a couple minutes, and Harry was nowhere to be found. My heart was beating out of my chest and bad thoughts were running through my mind.

"Come on, Harry. I know you're out there." I whispered to myself.

A few moments later, Harry appeared.

"Yes! Yes!" I screamed, joy filled up in me.

I hugged Hermione, and then Ron. I was so happy.

───────────────

Harry held up the egg, while all the Gryffindors cheered.

Fred and George picked up Harry on their shoulders.

"Knew you wouldn't die, Harry!" Fred said.

Everyone cheered.

"Shush!" Seamus said, kissing the egg. "Go on Harry, what's the clue?"

"Who wants me to open it?" Harry asked.

"Yeah!" We all cheered.

"Do you want me to open it?" He asked.

"Yeah!" We all cheered.

Harry then took the egg and opened it.

A very high pitched, scratchy, scream started to play.

Everyone put their hands over their ears. Harry then closed it.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron asked.

Everyone stopped and look at Ron.

"All right everyone! Get back to your knitting." Fred said.

"This is going to be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in." George said.

I leaned back on the wall and crossed my arms.

"Boys." I said and chuckled.