Rest In Peace

Klay started to smell smoke. The inside of the room was on fire. The smoke smelled like a mix of toxic chemicals. He heard glass shattering from the many bottles that were inside before.

The screaming stopped but the fire continued.

"Ah!" Thomas said letting go of the burning door nob. He ran passed Klay not even noticing him then ran out of the front door.

Klay followed him.

Thomas stopped out on the sidewalk and Klay stood beside him. Thomas didn't see Klay. They both watched as the rest of the orphanage caught on fire.

Thomas crossed the street and headed in the way of Klay's house. Klay ran after him but glimsped back at the burning orphanage.

***

"Scarlett! Scarlett!" Thomas yelled out as he ran towards her house.

Is this when she gets murdered?  Klay thought.

Scarlett came outside and looked at Thomas. "Did you get it?" She asked.

Thomas was crying. "No I accidentally killed him...and everyone else." He said.

Scarlett had an angry look on her face.

***

Klay took in a deep breath and found himself laying on the ground. He stood up and saw the boy that looked five years old. He looked afraid. He pointed to a shadow then vanished. Out of the shadows emerged a girl. It was Scarlett.

The hands on the wall all pointed to Scarlet. There was a moaning sound above Klay. He saw that the Mr.'s hand above him even dangled at Scarlett.

"Scarlett what are they doing. Why are they pointing to you." Klay asked.

"I'm here to save you." Scarlett said. "Take my hand."

Klay took her hand. Darkness sorrounded them again and he found himself to be back home in his living room. "How am I back?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. But he's not here at the moment." She said.

"Thomas?" Klay asked.

"Yes." Scarlett said.

"I saw him burn down the orphanage." Klay said.

"What? How? What else did you see?" She asked a little too fast. She inched towards Klay. She looked nervous.

Klay arched his eyebrow. "That and up to the part where you were angry because Thomas didn't get something you wanted." He said. "What did you want?"

Scarlett didn't say anything.

"Klay! Are you ready? The bus is almost here." His mom yelled out.

Klay looked at Scarlett and waited for an answer but she disappeared.

***

Klay got on the bus. Although he was extremely tired he didn't mind. He was happy he got to see his parents and friends again. He didn't see Ned yet but they were coming to his stop.

When they got to Ned's house and  Ned got on the bus, Klay hugged him. Ned had this "Ok weird." look on his face.

Everyone on the bus laughed and made rude comments.

Klay sat down next to Ned. "What was that about?" Ned asked, his eyes wide.

"You will never believe this." Klay said with a smirk.

* **

By the time Klay explained everything they were at school. Klay decided to go to Ned's after school.

***

The both of them walked to Ned's house. They decided to sit outside of the house onto the porch. "Something doesn't seem right." Ned said.

"Yeah? What?" Klay said.

"You said that the other you told you to be careful not to break the mirror or you'll be trapped right?" Ned asked.

Klay nodded.

"Wouldn't someone that wanted to take over your life wanted you out of the way?" Ned said.

Klay nodded again. "Yeah! Nothing really is making sense to me."

"And Scarlett sounds like she's hiding something." Ned said.

The wind started to blow and the sky began turning gray.

"Yeah I think so too, but I don't know what it is." Klay said.

Ned looked at Klay and arched his eyebrows. "What if she was lying to to you? What if she's the actual problem?" He said.

Klay's eyes widened. "No way! She tried to save me. I saw Thomas push her into the mirror and trap her." Klay said.

"What if he's trying to protect you." Ned said.

The idea came off as creepy to Klay and he felt sick for some reason. His stomach felt empty and he felt light headed. "I should get home." Klay said and got up.

They shook hands and Klay started to walk away. He glanced back and saw Ned open his door and go inside. As soon as Ned was inside another person quickly ran inside and closed the door. It happened too fast. Klay couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl. He ran towards the door. It wouldn't open as he tried. Klay heard bumping noises and screams coming from both Ned and his mother.

Klay tried the back door, but it was locked. He heard Ned's mother. "Someone help! Someone help my son!" She yelled coming out the front door.

Klay ran inside and pass her. He followed the blood that led to Neds's room and went right inside. Ned's body was nailed to the wall. The word Bastard was written over his head on the wall in blood. There were pieces of glass in his faces and two large pieces of glass in both of his eyes. Blood ran down from all parts of his body. It was a brutal murder.